Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Master cylinder {brake} - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Master cylinder {brake}

This afternoon I went into my garage to mess about with my elite ,I have just finished fitting the front refurbished callipers and brake pads I asked someone to check the brake fluid as I pressed the brake pedal  etc,. and it wouldn't move it was solid ,After removing the brake master cylinder we discovered it was seized so I had to order a new one from Lotus bits it will be here tomorrow that's another £125.00 out of my pocket, bearing in mind the windscreen is cracked and the roof lining has dropped down the headlights want fixing  it's costing me a lot of money but it will be worth it in the end he said tongue in cheek ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to owning an Elite. But you have to remember these cars are old so most systems on these cars that aren't lovenly cared for, just have to been gone through especially the brakes.

When Road & Track magazine, road tested the first year second gen Elite, it had the shortest stopping distance of any car they tested with the exception of a racing car. 

That was the first thing my dad taught me as a kid working on my '57 Ford, brakes.

• Like 1