Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
oil pressure guage reading - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

oil pressure guage reading

red vtec

what Oil pressure should I be ssing on the guage? My Turb goes straight to the right when I start up, is that correct? or could it just be a dodgy?

1988 Esprit Turbo

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what Oil pressure should I be ssing on the guage? My Turb goes straight to the right when I start up, is that correct? or could it just be a dodgy?

1988 Esprit Turbo

funny.. mines just started doing this as soon as I put the ignition on, without the engine even running!

I suspect we have an electrical issue.

Hi there,

Check the wire that goes to the sender unit. If it becomes disconnected guage goes full scale.

Regards

Simon

funny.. mines just started doing this as soon as I put the ignition on, without the engine even running!

I suspect we have an electrical issue.

Hi there,

Check the wire that goes to the sender unit. If it becomes disconnected guage goes full scale.

Regards

Simon

I suspect this will be it.. as it started happening after I removed and replaced the inlet manifold!

I don't take too much notice of my oil pressure gauge anyway to be honest.. and I'm actually tempted to lose it altogether when I install my V8 dashboard.