Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
convert 400 alpine camera back to phono? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

convert 400 alpine camera back to phono?

Hi all and sorry if this has been done before but want to change my alpine to pioneer of kenwood.  I did this in my S by replacing the whole camera run.  Which was a real ball ache.  was hoping to get an adapter to convert back to standard phono.

TIA

Chris 

Can't help with that question, but I've been considering a change to this unit, which I think (hope) should be plug and play. Car play being the driver behind it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124321741062

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

21 hours ago, nigelh said:

I swapped the Alpine INE-W990BT to a Pioneer AVIC-Z910DAB in my 400 - I put a thread on here about the swap.

The camera was already connected with a regular phono connector, so it didn't need a converter

thx

21 hours ago, nigelh said:

I swapped the Alpine INE-W990BT to a Pioneer AVIC-Z910DAB in my 400 - I put a thread on here about the swap.

The camera was already connected with a regular phono connector, so it didn't need a converter

I was looking at the ILX-702d https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/head-units/ilx-702d

On 12/10/2021 at 08:48, Colin P said:

Can't help with that question, but I've been considering a change to this unit, which I think (hope) should be plug and play. Car play being the driver behind it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124321741062

For what it's worth I've upgraded to an Alpine ILX-702D & quite happy with it.  Straight swap, and CarPlay works well.  It's not wireless, but I prefer my phone is being kept charged anyway.  It's got physical buttons for volume, mute, voice command etc, which I prefer to the touch buttons you get on some others.  

The Alpine audio setup guide on this forum can be used to get the most out of the speakers. 

You can also bring back the Lotus logo if you like & upload any image as a new opening screen, using the right format on a USB stick (but this is probably also the case on other brands).

• Like 1

I quite like the look of the Alpine ILX-702D, the thing that holds me back is that it's expensive still (c£500) for what is essentially 5 year old technology.  I keep wondering if Alpine will release a newer model any time soon, as I have had no issues with the Alpine units in my Lotus cars. I prefer buttons to the touch screen, sometimes find the touchscreen requires you to be more focused on the screen than the road.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!