Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs and N.Essex owners - Page 3 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambs and N.Essex owners

simonf

Listen Guys, AEG meeting aside its bank holiday weekend this weekend (and i can't spend three days alone with my wife :thumbsup:) so is anybody up for a thrash along say the coastal road?

Either saturday or sunday coz she is going to want me to do some DIY on monday i bet!

Hi,

I'm away at the w/e in Nottingham, NMEG country! :cheers: So hope someone spots me in the area! I don't know when I will be back, Sunday or Monday, and it's the wife's Birthday Monday, so going for a blast might be out of the question.

Regarding the Norfolk meeting day, I'm happy with the first Tueday of every month. Shall we all go with Bendan's suggestion for Cambridge meet? I've no objections, Newmarkets not a bad place. We just need somewhere in Suffolk now?

Brendan's post.

Earlier in the thread I recommended the Bedford Lodge Hotel at Newmarket. A nice setting with plenty of parking. Not too far from the A14. It has an outside terrace where you can sit, drink and nibble whilst admiring the cars.

Brendan

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following Pinky's suggestion (joke) about Theftford, there is a cracking pub in Ixworth called The Pykkerrel which has a good amount of parking and the food and ale is superb and it's a lovely old pub too. It isn't too far from Thetford and the Thetford to Ixworth road (A1088 I think) is a good drive.

I'd second Nifty's suggestion of The Pykkerrel at Ixworth for our first Suffolk meet. Just north of Bury St Edmunds so fairly central and easily accessible.

As to the best day for our regular AEG meets Tuesdays are good for me. Not fussed which one as I really can't see myself ever wanting to go to a SELOC meet :thumbsup:

Would be great if we could also get out for a Sunday morning hoon from time to time. Maybe once every 2 or 3 months initially? So not a huge commitment time wise.

We also need to get back to Howard who's been waiting patiently for our answer on a combined NMEG/EAG operation in February. I'm certainly up for it, as was Nifty I believe - anyone else?

Would be great if we could also get out for a Sunday morning hoon from time to time. Maybe once every 2 or 3 months initially? So not a huge commitment time wise.

We also need to get back to Howard who's been waiting patiently for our answer on a combined NMEG/EAG operation in February. I'm certainly up for it, as was Nifty I believe - anyone else?

I'm in! :thumbsup: I think enough notice has been given! :w00t:

As with any event, as long as the notice is in reasonable time, then I will try and make them. :cheers:

Owen.

Hi,

I'm a member of Club Lotus, so I was wondering if some of us should go over to their meeting next month to see if we can drum up some interest in our group? I'll go, but it would be great if someone would come along to help rally for members, or get some info of local owners that we don't perhaps know about. I've never been to a CL meet yet so don't know what they are like.

Hers the link: Club Lotus It's the one on the 13th September. They have another event on the 23 Sept which seems strange as its the 40th Lotus do, Thought most members would be visiting that.

PM me if your up for it.

Owen

Hi,

I'm a member of Club Lotus, so I was wondering if some of us should go over to their meeting next month to see if we can drum up some interest in our group? I'll go, but it would be great if someone would come along to help rally for members, or get some info of local owners that we don't perhaps know about. I've never been to a CL meet yet so don't know what they are like.

Owen

Owen i am Club Lotus as well and would come with you if you want. However you are going to have to tell me when and where because i can never find the postings in the magazine and the leaflets just say "see magazine"

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Excellent! Good effort chaps :thumbsup:

That's at least four of us, and hopefully more to come.

Howard, look forward to seeing you and rest of the NMEG crew in February!

Make that five - i am in!

Weather depending of course i am not travelling in the snow! But other than that i am in!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Owen i am Club Lotus as well and would come with you if you want. However you are going to have to tell me when and where because i can never find the postings in the magazine and the leaflets just say "see magazine"

Hi,

Simon, click on my Club Lotus link. Their meet is held in Fakenham, well just outside at Sculthorpe Mill 7:30pm. We can all meet up and head out there. Andy has said he will come as well! :thumbsup:

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Thanks guys , I will pencil in Feb for a joint meet, all we need now is a central location and date we can sort that later

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

How about meeting for a trackday at Donington ?

:thumbsup:

Keep off the straight and narrow

I'll let you know after the MOT test on Wednesday.

Andy

Right, it passed so I think I owe myself a little fun run.

Simonf, I leave location to you, both start point and destination, provided we get some decent roads, and a decent pub to stop and have some food in.

Andy

Damn, I'm back home in Staffs this weekend felling trees and then sprinting at Curborough.

Can we have a play the following weekend too ?

Nifty,

Why not bring the Esprit and join the NMEG gang on Sunday.

We'll be doing Llangollen to Ironbridge if you fancy a blast.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Simonf, I leave location to you, both start point and destination, provided we get some decent roads, and a decent pub to stop and have some food in.

Andy

What about meeting in Norwich, a quick blatt to Cromer and then work our way round either to Holkham or round to the Las Vagas or the east (Yarmouth) What do you reckon?

Shall we say Saturday noon ish?

Anybody else up for a hoon?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Graham,

I'm sprinting the 7 at Curborough on Sunday, otherwise I might have been tempted .. though Dad would not have been pleased since I'm supposed to be working for him over the weekend.

Hi,

Regarding the meet with the NMEG in February, and I know Nifty has suggested Donnington, but how about Rutland Waters? Only a suggestion, I thought I would start to put some forward.

Are the AEG people going to have a meeting on the 4th Sept? Or is this cancelled due to Kimbers bash? I will attend the CL meet on the 13th along with Simon and Andy if I'm correct, and are we making it a three car hoon to Sculthorpe Mill?

Owen.

Erm, Rutland you say? Clicky (post #88) & clicky :cool:;)

As far as 4th September is concerned, we're all at Pinky's birthday party on the 8th and then again a fortnight later for the Factory Weekend thingy. If you do decide to also meet on the 4th you'll probably have to count me out as I'll be in manic 'head down' mode as I endeavour to clear my desk prior to a fortnight's holiday - no going out to play after work for me that week :(

Erm, Rutland you say? Clicky (post #88) & clicky ;):(

As far as 4th September is concerned, we're all at Pinky's birthday party on the 8th and then again a fortnight later for the Factory Weekend thingy. If you do decide to also meet on the 4th you'll probably have to count me out as I'll be in manic 'head down' mode as I endeavour to clear my desk prior to a fortnight's holiday - no going out to play after work for me that week :(

Hi,

Looking like a popular place to go for then? :cool: Forgot you mentioned it earlier! :(

Well if anyone wants another reason to take their beloved Esprit out, then let us know about the 4th Sept meet. :yes I can't make the 8th as I have a prior arrangement, but I have my ticket already and waiting for the 23rd. What's in the goody bags, anyone know?

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Andy

Andy you still up for a hoon?

Looks like just you and me - but i am alrightwith that if you are. PM me if you want my contact details

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Goodies?

:cool:

Hi,

According to the ticket, we all get a goodie bag if your ticket is presented to them (them being Lotus) on the day, just wondered what was in it. I know there's a badge in there.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Hi,

Made some AEG logo's for our cars tonight. Nothing too fancy, printed logo images laminated that you can put in a tax disc holder (magnet one shown in image). So when we all meet up again or next see each other I will hand them out. If you want more than one not a problem. These will do until we get something better made. :cool:

taxdisclogos.jpg

I wondered if we should get the t-shirts printed before the 23rd? I could sort the design and I think Simon said he could get them printed for a reasonable price. Would be nice to wear if (big if! ;) ) the weather is ok on the 23rd.

Post your thoughts. :yes

So this w/e, if you see a yellow esprit in the Nottingham area, look for my logo, it's me! :(

Owen

Hi,

Made some AEG logo's for our cars tonight. Nothing too fancy, printed logo images laminated that you can put in a tax disc holder (magnet one shown in image). So when we all meet up again or next see each other I will hand them out. If you want more than one not a problem. These will do until we get something better made. ;)

taxdisclogos.jpg

I wondered if we should get the t-shirts printed before the 23rd? I could sort the design and I think Simon said he could get them printed for a reasonable price. Would be nice to wear if (big if! :cool: ) the weather is ok on the 23rd.

Post your thoughts. :yes

So this w/e, if you see a yellow esprit in the Nottingham area, look for my logo, it's me! :(

Owen

Owen you are really getting these AEG guys organised, we at NMEG are going to have to up our Anty!!! (great work by the way, and you drive a great car :( )