Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
now finally looking! - Page 2 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

now finally looking!

burt

Hi Burt,

You are looking at the WRONG Esprit! You want a G-CAR like mine!

Why spend all that time worring whether you car was going to be reliable - at least with a G-CAR you would know it isn't FULLStop.

speak for your own, i trust mine more than my Honda Accord!!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey burt

i've run both gt3 and v8 as daily cars. v8 is much nicer in traffic (lots of torque, light clutch pedal) but cost me much more to run that the gt3.

any esprit can be a 'daily' car, just depends how much

BUGGER......

i emailed Paul about his green one......at 16.18pm.....

IT SOLD A FEW HOURS BEFOREHAND gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

ah welll...search continues..

side question:

are there any Left Hand Drive Esprit in UK ???..

if i bought a Left hooker here in Holland we are looking at 36>40k euros (25k quid) for a decent s4

http://www.vansten.nl/Te-koop/Esprit_Kaspe...rit_Kaspers.htm

burt

Edited by burt

burt - be careful to compare prices, esprits outside Uk mainly LHD in europe r more expensive you pay same money for SE as GT3 or V8 in UK,........... USA is cheapest for everything, but if your law allowed RHD cars thats ok for u, by us prohobited by law.

Edited by SKY

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

Hi Burt,

if you want a LHD S4, there's a SUPERB yellow S4 for sale in Belgium, at a Lotus dealer : check HERE (click sales and then choose Esprit S4).

43000 km, black leather,OZ Nova wheels, and be sure if they have checked the car @ Verhiest, that it is very well checked, they really check on every bolt ! If my car needs a service, Verhiest is the man to do it, very nice bloke, explains very well what he has done or will do, very satisfying !

I bought my previous SE via Van Sten, can't say that Van Sten doesn't deliver good work, but I guess less than Verhiest (just my 2ct).

Believe me, as someone previously said : Esprit's are MUCH more expensive outside the UK !

BTW : I've seen a yellow S4 as well on Ebay.de :cool:

Cheers,

Hans

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

thanks hans!

problem i would have buying one from belguim or germany would be that i would have to import it into cloggyland....then i would get raped violently by the dutch import tax!! - so those arnt an option...:cool:

now if i could find a LHD S4 on UK plates...THE JOB WOULD BE A CARROT!!

i think i should really get a drive in one as well before i decide to buy :lol

burt

p.s. the one in Belguim looks................................................................pure sex

Hi Burt,

import taxes ? Within Europe ? 0 EURO ! That's how it should be, and that's how it is in Belgium.

I've imported my previous one (SE) from Holland, hasn't cost me a cent, just MOT.

That yellow one DOES look pure sex :cool:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

yup...import tax into holland (get it onto dutch plates and dutch insurance)...worked out on the original cost of the car in HOLLAND and its age!!! - i.e. tax goes down by 10% (i think) for each year it gets older!!

i have just imported a 10 year old elise S1 into holland and it cost me 1400 euro's to do it!!!

burt

Hiya matey

good luck with the looking.... ita all part of the excitement !

Sorry mine was sold before you got to look at it......

as for the "green".... its Lotus's basic colour FFS !!!!

AND mine had the "team lotus" yellow badge and stripe..... pity I cant drive like Jim Clark tho !!

Anyhow, let me know if you want any more advice on running a 4 pot daily.... I eventually did 30k in 3 years in mine

?????? - tell me more!!

never heard of that!!

burt

easy when u buying car i NL, and u ll take the car out of country, u simply go with prew owner to RDW office, there u fill 2 papers, u need them for reregistring and pay 23EUR for 14days temp plates, 23 eur include insurence if u smash someone (we callit third party risk).

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

lol...i think we have some wires crossed !!!

i DONT want to buy a NL car.....WAY WAY too expensive compaired to UK!!....so for me to get a UK car onto NL plates i would HAVE to pay the import tax!!.....as it turns out the same applies for a BE car (but BE cars are just as expensive as NL cars...so thats a non starter (unfortunatly)

burt

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, Burt. The Dutch import tax for cars bought in other EU countries sounds like an illegal rip off. I hope you get lucky and find a UK car with left-hand drive. Take your time as it will be worth it.

Welcome to the forum, Burt. The Dutch import tax for cars bought in other EU countries sounds like an illegal rip off. I hope you get lucky and find a UK car with left-hand drive. Take your time as it will be worth it.

Am I right in thinking that you have an Elise into which you have put an Audi engine? Why did you do that?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE