Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Radiator bleeding - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Radiator bleeding

mwmackenzie

OK what is the correct procedure to bleed the radiator on my 88 turbo, I know the bleed screw is in the passanger wheel well but what is the corrcet way to do it etc..

Mark

Edited by mwmackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my car is a 4 pot.. argh.. do i heat it up then open it then cool it then do the same again????

just need the process, i know where the bleed screw is... Thanks James for the clicky...

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Done it so many times because the Esprit is BY FAR the easiest car I have bled a rad on.

Best done from cold or you might burn your pinkys.

Set the ventilation to hot (opens the heater matrix)

Undo the on drivers side - let the fluid piddle out then screw it back in.

Top the car up

Open the blled screw on the passenger side until it comes out as a trickle (or just let it piddle for a while)

Close valve, top up

Run the car

Open it again to ensure its OK (I do this out of habbit)

Job done.

Charge cooler is a little more involved but again, really really easy.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

It is dead easy - I've had to flush my system from all the rust and gunge built up in there over the years from the rusty header tank so I've done it about 4-5 times in total.

You might find getting the radiator drain plug (drivers side) hard to get at / undo - mine is fused to the rad so I just undone the passenger side one and went from there or you could uncouple the radiator hose. Sure you'll get it done no-probs.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Mark,

I know mine is a V8 but I assume it will be the same.

I also topped the rad up from the bleed screew at the front. It surprised me how much I got in from the front before topping it from the back. When I cracked the screw no air came out but when I took it all the way off I did manage to fill it from there.

HTH

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160