Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Elite Carbs. Thanks - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elite Carbs. Thanks

Hi there. My Elite 1980 is running lumpy so I’m looking for another set of carbs to be sent away for rebuild. It will mean I can still use the car. Hopefully someone has a set lying in the garage. Happy to pay plus the postage. Thanks so much. Liam 

91B4BE60-489F-483F-B904-BC9ED369C21A.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Beware, nominally similar carbs may not suit as jets and machining of the main casting   are engine specific. You need some from the right model of Lotus

why not get a rebuild kit and do it yourself  it is not difficult, you can’t get the jets in the wrong holes. You can do one at a time so you have one to copy.

if you do get the float needles with polymer tips to give better sealing.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with above.....why not give it a go yourself. You'll learn more abut the condition of the carbs, probably take better care of dismantling and rebuild and have the satisfaction of a job well done at  a fraction of the cost. It doesn't take that long - I did mine over the course of a lazy weekend, on and off as time allowed. 

Also once rebuilt you can then set them up which again is totally satisfying and details of both rebuild and  setting up are on Youtube.

For me part of running a car such as an Elite is the joy of not being slave to ECUs, diagnostic computers and mahoosive dealer rates. Proper old school hands on motoring.

Good luck 👍

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. I’m not the best mechanic I’m afraid so would be worried id make a hash of it and leave my car a non runner! Think I will buy a set from Lotusbits and swap them over, then get the originals re built! Hopefully a smooth transition! Thanks