Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Photos from Furball5000 Alpine run 2007 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Photos from Furball5000 Alpine run 2007

armynick

Hi All,

Below is the link to my facebook album showing lots of pics of my 1997 GT3 on this year's Furball5000 Alpine Tour.

We went to the French Alps, Cannes, Monaco, Italy, the Italian and Swiss Alps and then back through france. It was great and I hope to do it next year too.

The only problem I encountered was my brake fluid overheating in the French Alps. After it was changed in Cannes, I had no problems at all.

I covered about 2500 miles in 8 days and averaged 55mph with a top speed of over 160mph. (170 on the clocks)

The new Lotus Bilstein / Eibach suspension system is brilliant.

I'm installing the new PUK no:11 chip as with the old no:10 chip, I didn't have much power under 4000rpm and this showed trying to launch coming out of the many hairpins. I didn't want to burn out my clutch too much!. And yes, I did have the rear wheels spinning.

Enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4164...mp;id=677840382

Nick

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick,

I like the look of this where do I find out more details?

Ade

www.furball5000.co.uk

Thanks for sharing those, Nick.

Superb record of what was obviously a huge amount of fun ;)

Particularly liked the look of this

n677840382_1081074_9396.jpg

But wasn't quite so sure about this :cool:

n677840382_1079987_6676.jpg

On the way up, don't look down. I prefered going up to going down as it was easier to control the car. lol

Also you need a co-driver to tell you when the road is clear, what bends are where etc as there weren't many signs about. Going up or down left hairbins, his input was essential, especially when trying to keep up with a Porsche 911 turbo, a Monaro, another Porsche and an Audi RS4 Avante.