Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG next meeting - 2nd Oct - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG next meeting - 2nd Oct

simonf

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated list:-

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers

Owen (food required)

Tentenths (food required)

Nifty

Andydclements

SteveL (food required)

Look forward to seeing you there.

I'll nip home, change then go out again! :thumbsup:

First collective meet at Thick Thorn services before heading off?

Owen

Steve's the other member of the infamous Manningtree based 'Esprit Timeshare Syndicate' :thumbsup:

You could expand it, sell defined tiome slots, although the slot of 3am-4am winter months only may not be too popular.

To the point now.

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers

Owen (food required)

Nifty

Andydclements (food required)

SteveL (food required)

To the point now.

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers (esprit required)

Owen (food required)

Nifty

SteveL (food required)

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

To the point now.

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers (esprit required)

Owen (food required)

Nifty

SteveL (food required)

I am not propperly awake.

I had to read it 6 times to find what you'd typed.

But, a good one.

To the point now.

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers (esprit required) (and just a guess but food also :evil: )

Owen (food required)

Nifty

SteveL (food required)

Nice one Howard! <_<

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'll probably eat too .. foods rather good there .. steak and kidney pudding <_<

They are also well known for their fish.

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

I will get a table booked then for seven then! :evil:

Sorry can't do anything about Kimbers side order of Esprit though <_<

Glad to see that we are making some progress on this thread!

Best wishes

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Just to let you know the table is booked at the pykkerell Inn for 8-8.30pm for seven people but they can accommodate more if anybody else fancies comming (If we can get 16 then we have a room to ourselves apparently - so we can be as loud and obnoxious as we like with out upsetting anyone this time <_< )

If anyone needs to contact the Pykkerell the phone number is 01359 230398 they are very friendly!

We re getting there boys and girls! and they said we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery - what do the NMEG know eh!

Simon

PS i am all for meeting at thickthorn as per Owen's suggestion - i am guessing that we would need to meet at about 6PM would you all agree?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I will get a table booked then for seven then! :P

Sorry can't do anything about Kimbers side order of Esprit though :evil:

Glad to see that we are making some progress on this thread!

Best wishes

Simon

Steady you on ba !!

The meeting isn't for another month yet !!

Whilst it is a popular place I would think it highly unlikely that they couldn't book us in a week in advance, by which time we will have a better idea of numbers and I may well be able to lay my hands on a menu .... though they do have a large selection of specials of the day too.

Cathy and I used to eat there from time to time, often on a whim, and they usually managed to find room for two with a few hours notice and sometimes when you turned up at the door.

I'd suggest we wait until the week before to confirm a booking and numbers.

I'd doubt very much that they'd be that busy that they couldn't accommodate us with that notice but I could drop in and enquire to make sure.

I'd also suggest that if we say meet at 7 you don't want to book the table until at least 8, this allows those who would struggle to get there for 7 to turn up and have a coke at the bar before sitting down in the restaurant area.

Rest assured not everyone will bowl up at 7 o'clock.

It's a social gathering rather than a committee meeting so time needn't be so strictly governed ;)

Are, you posted whilst I was composing !!

Some points are now irrelevant <_<

Edited by Nifty

PS i am all for meeting at thickthorn as per Owen's suggestion - i am guessing that we would need to meet at about 6PM would you all agree?

Hi,

Should be able to make six, will leave work a little earlier because I don't normally get home until 5.40, allow freshening up and changing, so I'll leave work at 5pm, can make 6 then.

How many meeting at Thick thorn?

Owen

Simonf

Also who's still on for next weeks Club Lotus meeting? (Monthly Meeting of the Norfolk Branch at Sculthorpe Mill 7:30pm 13th September) As far as I can remember it was going to be - Owen, Simonf and AndyC, is this still the arrangement? Again might have to have food there, but will sort that when arrived. C'mon we need support for the AEG, this is a recruitment drive! <_<

Owen

Hi,

Should be able to make six, will leave work a little earlier because I don't normally get home until 5.40, allow freshening up and changing, so I'll leave work at 5pm, can make 6 then.

Owen

Simonf

Also who's still on for next weeks Club Lotus meeting? (Monthly Meeting of the Norfolk Branch at Sculthorpe Mill 7:30pm 13th September) As far as I can remember it was going to be - Owen, Simonf and AndyC, is this still the arrangement? Again might have to have food there, but will sort that when arrived. C'mon we need support for the AEG, this is a recruitment drive! <_<

Owen

You don't need to tart up just for us.

Yes, I'll meet at Thickthorn as well

yes, CL meeting, but as stted, you'll have to remind me, again, and again.

Andy

Just to let you know the table is booked at the pykkerell Inn for 8-8.30pm for seven people but they can accommodate more if anybody else fancies comming (If we can get 16 then we have a room to ourselves apparently - so we can be as loud and obnoxious as we like with out upsetting anyone this time :evil: )

If anyone needs to contact the Pykkerell the phone number is 01359 230398 they are very friendly!

Good work that man <_<

We're getting there boys and girls! and they said we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery<snip>

Things do seem to be going rather more smoothly now don't they? And as for the brewery comment, just can't imagine who'd say a thing like that ;) ;)

Any more takers for steak & kidney pud at The Pykkerll then? If so, just add yourself to the list.

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers (esprit required) (and just a guess but food also :P )

Owen (food required)

Nifty (food required)

SteveL (food required)

That's a good turn-out boys.

Things are looking healthy.

Don't forget to post some pics.............especially of the Steak & Kidney pie, hmmmmmmm

Graham. <_<

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Grub and Esprit required if possible?

I will meet you at Thickthorn (must find a suitable car..........)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

Owen

Simonf

Also who's still on for next weeks Club Lotus meeting? (Monthly Meeting of the Norfolk Branch at Sculthorpe Mill 7:30pm 13th September) As far as I can remember it was going to be - Owen, Simonf and AndyC, is this still the arrangement? Again might have to have food there, but will sort that when arrived. C'mon we need support for the AEG, this is a recruitment drive! :question:

Owen

Sorry mate you'll have to count me out of the Club Lotus meet this time as i will be on holiday - poor excuse i know!

Are, you posted whilst I was composing !!

Some points are now irrelevant :thumbsup:

You are a miserable bugger arn't you - booking a table for two is very different to booking a table for 7+ and i don't see the harm in being organised. Last thing anybody wants is to go hungry because the MG owners club or someone of the like were more organised than us and prebooked! Now get back to your basil harvesting and shut up (somehow lost my emiticons but if they were working there would be one doing a raspberry at you right now!)

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Well that would be facile because we don't grow raspberries :question::thumbsup:

Which route were you planning on coming by ?

The best route would be the old Norwich road (B1113) passed the Bird in Hand and on to Garboldisham, turn left and follow that road (B1111) through to Stanton, join the A143 to Ixworth top roundabout, turn right onto the A1088 and then left into the high street.

If you prefer to come down the A11 then you can turn at Larling onto the B1111 or go all the way to Thetford and then do the A1088 to Ixworth.

All those roads providing some good blatting (as we say in the L7C ... hooning as appears to be used here).

P.S. I nicked your emoticons coz I'm jealous that you paid so little for your car, you lucky barsteward :thumbsup:

Incidently, why is it that this emoticon ... :question: ..always reminds me of Kimbers ?

Edited by Nifty