Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Power steering pump bracket.... - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Power steering pump bracket....

DELITE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

If they screw into the block they will be metric.  All the water pump bolts are M6 x 1.00.

Pete

problem is they seem rather weak on their thread @m6  thats why i was wondering if they are quarter inch course thread like the water pump pulley bolts ?

Edited by DELITE
typo

After all M6 and quarter inch are very close.....dont wanna screw this up else it's a big mess/job 😏

1 minute ago, EXCEL V8 said:

No - every thread on the block itself is metric.  If they seem too worn you could build a drilling jig and Heli-coil them.

Pete

thanx pal appriecate your help

3 minutes ago, DELITE said:

After all M6 and quarter inch are very close.....dont wanna screw this up else it's a big mess/job 😏

thanx pal appriecate your help

would one take them upto M7 then ??

When restoring threads with Helicoils you drill the hole to suit the supplied tap, tap the hole and then wind in the insert.  It restores the thread to the original size - usually stronger than the original hole!  All you need comes in a kit.  I buy mine from Zoro usually - Kennedy brand, not Helicoil brand - but the same thing.  You can get different length inserts - 1D (D = thread diameter), 1.5D, 2D etc..

There's probably a u-tube vid of it being done.

Pete