Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S2 DOOR MIRRORS GROUP BUY - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S2 DOOR MIRRORS GROUP BUY

giorgio67

Hi guys,

I'm starting a project to build the moulds for the plastic injection to reproduce the Esprit S2 original door mirrors, as you know these are unavailable from years and I know many esprit S2 owners are using the S3 late model, I'm speaking about the early mirrors build in Japan at the time. I'm posting to know if and how many would be interested in the final product to see the cost etc... I'm thinking to make the mirror complete for LH and RH side and the LH and RH bases with a modern and easy available internal motor etc, a product ready to fit.

Please let me know how many could be interested so I can planning the job to see how much the final price would be.

Don't think they would be cheap... so if you can tell me your max target price would be a good reference.

Thanks

Giorgio

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The rocking horse must have done a dump recently as one turned up on eBay last week . Item no 265906768176

finished at £41 but looked like it wasn’t  powered

id pay £100 +

Considering the rarity and thinking about the price of a replacement unit for a modern car can be eye wateringly expensive , it’s a good shout to get some of these replicated.

keeping a keen eye on this thread as I need a n/s unit

The one posted In the link is not the same I'm working to reproduce, it's the late model for the s3 and early turbo and sometimes they can be found for a good price, my project is for the Unicorn ones , the early S2 type NOT PART NUMBER A082M6292F

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark, that's totally unrealistic....making an alloy mould for the injection, the bases and the two motors inside is not a piece a cake.

Realistic would be 600 euro the pair but is just an estimate.

G.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I would have a set of these if possible - my S3 has some completely non standard ones - 500-600 would work for me (if that is realistic).