Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alloy wheel paint code - M100 Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alloy wheel paint code

Gjk

• Gold FFM

Does anyone know the paint code for either the elan se or s2 alloys. I tried to ask this question on the LEC forum but I can’t remember if I’m still a member, let alone my password.

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try asking one of the wheel refurb companies, SWLC use SWWR in Exeter, they know what colour to paint them,.  01392 829922   

They have done half a dozen MG 17" wheels for me - I had to give them a colour sample, but when I took the 4 M100 S2 alloys in they knew well what colour they were. Whether they have a code or just a name, I don't know. 

• Gold FFM

I phoned SWWR and the guy there said that there are no real codes (apart from Porsche and Ferrari) for alloy wheel colours.

He said it can be a little hit and miss with getting the correct colour.

Had a quick look but difficult to tell in the garage but there are 2 RAL codes that are silver metallic  that look close RAL 9006 and 9007. Would be better with the car outside, but of course mine have been painted recently, so may be a bit different from the 'original' colour.

• Gold FFM

Thanks for that Kieth. Those two RAL codes are a starting point.

my alloys are so faded the colour is quite a dark silver. I don’t think it’s a good start for a colour match.

I’ve pinged an email to OZ asking for a code so fingers crossed.