Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1991 Elan fuel Pump inertia switch - M100 Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1991 Elan fuel Pump inertia switch

Bagpype

Hello, I just purchased a 1991 Elan turbo. I live in the states so it’s a us spec car left hand drive car. It does not run and does not have power to the fuel pump. It does start right up with starting fluid. I noticed that the fuel pump I retina switch is not present. Is there a way for me to jumper the connection to the inertia switch to get power to the pump to test it? If so, which wires need to be jumpered and or grounded? Forgive me if I write anything the wrong way. This is my very first Lotus!

Thanks for any help here!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you absolutely sure the inertia switch isn't there? It was a safety requirement on all Brit., Euro. and Fed. cars. It is located right next to the battery and should be in the down postion. Check also the fuel pump mini relay which is located on the rear bulkhead near the battery.

This circuit diagram will help you if you want to take a feed off the pump 

MJ25-05_Fuel_Pump.gif

Just having a few more thoughts.....

1. Do your lights, horn and air con still work? Just test the horn, it's the easiest thing to try. If that works then we can discount the big 40A maxi fuse.

2. Did you check the fuel pump fuse is still OK? This is a 7.5A fuse in position 3 in the main fuse bank. On UK cars this is located in the passenger side of the footwell. I presume it's in the dame position on Fed cars so down by your LH ankle.

On the lotuselancentral site thee are complete parts lists, manuals and loads of other helpful stuff. There are also loads of videos on youtube. Bought my M100 last year and have been downloading anything that I can find.