Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Yellow Exige, Grantown-On-Spey - Spotted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Yellow Exige, Grantown-On-Spey

hedgerley

Very over steery round the top roundabout, this afternoon, no doubt heading for the Tomintoul road, very loudly. I was in the Volvo XC70 approaching the roundabout from the North. No doubt I didn't register with you at all 😄

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right about being a beautiful place with epic roads ie to the Lecht and Cockbridge road, to name just 2. Spoilt for choice up there and nary a cop camera in sight. Just as well for Tut 🤣

I didn't know about a RAF base though. Thought Lossie. was the nearest?

We are heading back over the tops via Tomontoul shortly, will keep an eye out for him. Ah yes Tut, many a frazzled Sunday morning trying to keep up with him, or not, on the club runs. These are most definitely some epic roads, more suited to the Elige than my Esprit. And certainly not my Volvo 😅

Unfortunately the road is closed at Gairnshiel Lodge, Archie's old place as the 250 year old humpback bridge is being bypassed by a new one under construction. So we will miss the best bits of the road via a 24 mike diversion!

Gairnshiel was a great place when Big Erch and Justin had it. They even organised a run out one Sunday. King Tut was at the back of the convoy and overtook 3 cars before we had reached the main gate 😲After the left turn he then tried to overtake again before the hump back bridge but was thwarted. 

From memory he overtook everthing in the convoy long before Tomintoul, including on an uphill section with a blind bend. An oncoming car nearly got hit and Archie told me much later that Tut had a visit from the Ballater polis.

I was on that run. First time I'd met Tut and thought it odd he put flip flops on to go IN to the lodge. I recall Big Erch put on a great spread. 

Anyhoo, following the diversion back to Braemar passed a lovely red Elise, top down, heading North. Glorious weather, not jealous at all 😎

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Place, not base!

This is it. It's still there but not what it was when I was there! 

I was 17, had my first cigarette there! 

image.png

Is that The Glenavon Bibs?

3 hours ago, hedgerley said:

I was on that run. First time I'd met Tut and thought it odd he put flip flops on to go IN to the lodge. I recall Big Erch put on a great spread. 

Anyhoo, following the diversion back to Braemar passed a lovely red Elise, top down, heading North. Glorious weather, not jealous at all 😎

Yeah, but did you ever see Tut's feet? He never wore shoes and his feet were as black as car tires 😲

I was in my Collapso Red M100 bsck then. I'll see if I can dig out some phohos

Yes, on several runs. Never saw him wear shoes. He explained he developed an allergy to shoes and socks after his military service. I remember chatting with him in the freezing rain at Cairn O Mount, him with bare feet insisting he didn't feel the cold. Most peculiar but sadly missed.

I saw his Elise one time at CM's in Edinburgh. It looked like it had been on a tour of Belizes, the Falkland islands, Iraq and Serbia. Well over 230,000 miles and what looked to be like bullet holes 🤔