Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stud bolts and "Classic" 18"/19" rims? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Stud bolts and "Classic" 18"/19" rims?

Do anyone use the standard Evora "Classic" rims with stud bolts?

It seems like all coned M12 nuts have a 19 mm hex grip. And a 17 mm hex socket barely fits in the screw wells (?).

Comments?

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I fitted these to my NA about 18 months ago https://www.gregsraceparts.com/collections/evora-wheels/products/motorsport-hardware-wheel-stud-kits

I also fitted spacers front and rear so that the wheels fill out the arches a bit more. I went for the tuner-lock style of nuts which come with a special adapter that takes the hex socket outside of the well in the wheel, in the same way that the 'key' for the standard bolts does, so I can't comment on how the corresponding coned nuts would be. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner - it makes mounting and demounting the wheels so much easier and helps reduce the possibility of dropping the wheel onto the brake caliper and marking the paintwork on both.

Evorawheelstuds001.JPG.4977a83af923b52b8f846db2acaaf8a6.JPG

Evorawheelstuds003.JPG.461f4d9985efbbcda098df49ffb78179.JPG

Evorawheelstuds002.JPG.8f6957c3466ecd010b45477280dd37fb.JPG

EvoraWheelStuds009.JPG.9892f4bab2ebf439b115dab3ec5b47a1.JPG

Thanks @Alfa2Evora

That was the inspiration I needed. If it hadn’t been for the red calipers I would have been convinced that it had been my car 🙂

When I knew what to look for, I saw I can source the externa splined nuts locally. And for more frequent work on the race track I can use a set of steel nuts on the Braid Fullrace rims, which have more space.