Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Perfect spec Evora LE N/A 3.5 manual - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Perfect spec Evora LE N/A 3.5 manual

In my eyes the perfect N/A: the best colour, with the best interior, and with a few enhancements to improve spirited driving without detracting from its ability to travel long distances.

These early Evoras (2009 Launch Edition) had the best combination of the most magically supple suspension, plus the long-ratio gearbox (the same ratios for the first two gears, but longer 3rd-6th for much quieter & more efficient motorway driving – think 35+ mpg on a run). Then you put it into sport mode, it becomes an absolute attack dog, with a savage engine note and sublime steering feel. These qualities, plus the back seats for bags, make it one of the best sports car / GTs ever, in my opinion. Gordon Murray even said the Evora was still the benchmark for chassis ride and handling until the Alpine A110 came along!

Unfortunately I’ve decided to sell up because I’ve recently moved to London and just don’t get the opportunity to use it on proper roads anymore.

• The best colour, Canyon Red with the best interior, Oyster leather. You won’t believe how many people turn and look, smile or take a picture at this car. People love it!
  • Komotec sports exhaust which is perfect, amazing sound but still well mannered and not droney for motorway use.
  • Radium cold air intake giving a great induction sound as well as allowing the engine to breathe more freely. I wouldn’t underestimate the difference the exhaust & intake make over a stock car; they add a lot more flair.
  • Long ratio gearbox, in my opinion a must for motorway trips. Good gearchange; I believe it was given the later MY linkages by the previous owner.
  • Forged lightweight alloys.
  • Launch edition, so all three packs.
  • Upgraded Kenwood double din head unit with a new reversing camera last year. Bluetooth connects automatically and very quickly.
  • Dashcam and vehicle tracker.
  • MY12 aluminium gearknob.
  • Just had the major “C” service (engine out, done once every 4 years) and has new discs and pads all round (nearly £2000).
  • MOT until September.
  • Battery replaced last year. CTEK connector in the boot.
  • LotusForums excellent quality car cover worth ~£300

I’ve never had any trouble with the car in a little over two years of ownership. The only faults I had were an iffy Bosch connector on the throttle, which was fixed, and the original reversing camera giving up – very minor stuff. It’s been serviced for most of its life by Bell & Colville, and they have just carried out the major “C” service in the last few weeks, which only needs doing once every 4 years. I’ve had everything fully sorted; there are no open issues on the car so hopefully you can have some peace of mind!

Thanks

The post Perfect spec Evora LE N/A 3.5 manual appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

• Like 1

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

19 minutes ago, lotusforsale.com said:

• Just had the major “C” service (engine out, done once every 4 years) and has new discs and pads all round (nearly £2000).

The post Perfect spec Evora LE N/A 3.5 manual appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Why did they take the engine out?

• Haha 1