Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hi from County Durham, UK. - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hi from County Durham, UK.

x68000

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi and welcome! You can call that a Turbo SE, the X180 was the designation for the earlier Stevens cars, NA and Turbo until the SE came along. 

BRG and magnolia is a very classic combination, very nice indeed! Good luck with the project.

Get the cambelt changed before you run it any more - They are a service item and being an interference engine, if it snaps you'll have a very large bill! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks for the info. I'm approaching this as a car enthusiast, but my Esprit knowledge is a little limited. The cambelt was changed a few years back and hasn't been driven since. I'm hoping it's going to be a decent one. It probably won't be looked at for a couple of weeks, so I'll be sweating on it for a while yet 😅 

They need to be done every couple of years and it's not that big a job if you know your way around cars. We started off as an Esprit forum almost 20 years ago so there's tonnes of knowledge on here and plenty of super helpful members :) 

I had a Turbo SE myself for 5 years, was a fast car! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm sure I'll be asking for help, good to know some Esprit knowledge is still available! 

I'll start a thread and will update it as the work progresses.....hopefully at a decent pace.

• Like 2

hi michael nice car  there are a few of us in the north east lotus owners club that meet at the ravensworth arms at birtley ne11 0er on the first monday of the month  about 8pm  there are a few guys with esprits if you ever need any help or advice   they are also on facebook regards paul

• Love 1

Hi Paul, thanks for the message. That's great to hear I'm not alone up here. 

The car is in limbo for a couple of weeks while they find a slot to have a look over it, then I'll find out the extent of the work needed to get it back on the road.  If driveable, I'll bring it down. 8pm would be great as it'll probably look better when the sun starts to set! 

• Like 1