Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Air Conditioning problem? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Air Conditioning problem?

Go to solution Solved by EuropaSman,

Afternoon all,

I'm fairly new into lotus ownership so please excuse me if this topic has been mentioned before. 

I went for a drive today with outside temps being fairly hot and humid, I noticed the air con at the start of the drive being quite powerful on setting 3 nice and cool. On the motorway I noticed the air con and the fan setting on 3 just went completely low. Is this a common problem with exiges? 

I've covered 370miles. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
  • Solution

It's possibly evaporator icing similar  to  that on the Evora S1s that can be notorious for it. The HVAC boxes on the earlier Evoras especially didn't have the thermistor in quite the right place iirc, but in the case of the Exige V6, the HVAC housing is exactly the same as that on the Elise S2/S3 and Exige S2.

The evaporator on my Evora Launch Edition will ice up in about half an hour on full cold/full fan in hot weather conditions. The tell-tale for me is that the blower reduces from full to nothing, and after a run with the aircon on my Evora always has quite a large wee from its HVAC drain. If your Exige does that too, then that's what it is.  A short blast of full hot sorts it out. It's not ideal but does the trick.

I've not had long the aircon fixed on my Elise S3 to ascertain whether that exhibits a similar behaviour. What I do know is that the compressor kicks in and out a lot more often on the Elise, whereas I don't hear the Evora's compressor doing the same - it just keeps on going. The ECU should be modulating the aircon compressor, but I'd hazard a guess that on the Exige V6 it's more Evora like that Elise like in terms of the compressor control.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png