Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Door Mirrors !! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Door Mirrors !!

Why is it that by this point in time there exist no suitable replacement mirrors for the Esprit? It's not like the form is so terribly unique as to make this an impractical project.

There were at least 3 different types on G cars. I think the final motorised version is still available, used on certain other cars. 

First version not available, nor the solenoid clunky one on late S2/early Turbo. That one was an aftermarket kit which Lotus bought from Halfords or somewhere. The parts were made by Koito in Japan which is a big supplier of car parts to Honda, Toyota etc but a Japanese owner tried to track some down with no success. I would think it was used on some 80's Japan-only car.

There's been sporadic talk about getting the S2 mirrors 3D printed but I haven't seen any results yet. You'd need to fit a modern motor. I've seen them fitted to 2 other cars: Aston Martin Vantage & Reliant Scimitar GTC which doesn't help much with volume sales...

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Grateful for these thoughts chaps. I see the merit of Pete's point on volume and perhaps it's asking too much for some electrically adjustable generic aftermarket units to suit sports cars?

• 2 weeks later...

My federal car has the same chrome mirrors as a Reliant Scimitar. They appear on eBay from time to time. 

IMG_0858.jpeg

IMG_8363.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA