Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Renault Engine water pump - Europa - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Renault Engine water pump

Zeb

On my new Renault 16 water pump the internal pathway from one side to the other side is blocked with a steel ball whereas in my old pump it was open? How should it be on a Lotus? Should I slam out the steel ball before mount or is it supposed to be closed? Is it an internal valve?

any ideas?

many thanks

F5CB984C-09A3-4187-9A4F-F45DE80C3347.jpeg

02276D39-0AF9-4C51-8F6D-AD8426CA8028.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Memory says it should have the ball, but memory isn't always right! I have a couple of used originals and a spare new one in the garage but I'm away for the weekend. I'll check monday if you have not got a definitive answer by then

Well thanks. I will put it in like is and will see how it works…..Had to wait a few days as I had ordered the incorrect gasket (the one which is on the backplate of the pump) had to wait for the motor side one to arrive.

fingers crossed

Sorry Zeb,

When I got back I forgot all about checking.

I've just been and checked. All my  water pumps, new and old have the ball.

Hope that helps

Perfect very kind of you!

thx

cheers,

zeb

previous owner must have messed with it also didn’t have a thermostat. Plus also the transfer pipe was leaking in the backbone, which also is not very encouraging. Will see in what state the engine is once everything is up and running again.