OXFORD MEET PICTURES - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

OXFORD MEET PICTURES

Paul C

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the pic with the guy kneeling down taking a pic - it's ME!!!

Geoff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you seem to be taking a pic of your own car!

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Great pics Stephan,

It was a great day and lovely to meet kirsten and yourself. Pleased you had a good time a safe trip home. (nice to see lots of pics of the wee white beastie too ;-)

Look forward to seeing you at the next one.

Cheers

Alan & Carolyn

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Guest esprit geoff

here's some of my pics

geoff.

They won't attach for some odd reason - perhaps there's no space left?

Geoff.

Edited by esprit geoff

stephan, since my pms dont seem to be working for anyone, i hop you and the rest of the guys dont mind me asking here.. are your shocks GAZ shocks? i absolutely love the stance your car has and was wondering waht else was needed besides replcaement showcks to get the near two inches lower look?

shade

Shade,

you're right: these are GAZ shocks. I bought them from the german Esprit garage Ramspott und Brandt, Wiesbaden. Have a look at www.ramspott-brandt.de (site is in german and english).

Stephan

stephan, since my pms dont seem to be working for anyone, i hop you and the rest of the guys dont mind me asking here.. are your shocks GAZ shocks? i absolutely love the stance your car has and was wondering waht else was needed besides replcaement showcks to get the near two inches lower look?

shade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shade - lotus are working on a full range of shocks for all models right now, they'll be bilstein (which is good quality stuff) and will have adjustable platforms for lowering the car. They will retain the lotus settings for damping.

might be worth waiting to see what the lotus prices are for this kit before committing to anything else? Lotus are world renown for their expertise in ride and handling, so i'd personally always choose something that they have developed over anything else, but that is just my personal preference (each to his/her own etc). Details are on LEW.

I have the 03/04 spec lotus/bilstein height adjustable dampers on my v8, running about 15mm lower than stock. There is plenty of scope on the damper to run lower than this, but any lower than i am now i would get big problems with speed bumps and ramps.

cheers

Rob

my apologies to anyone else reading this thread, didnt mean to hijack it!

Rob, thanks for that info! on LEW though it says that you can go about 10mm lower with the new suspension.... see, i need way more then that though... about 2 - 2.5 inches like stephans car up there :)

also, Stephan, did you use the new rear adjustable upper links with your setup when you had the S4 rims on there?

one other thing, you know anytihng about this car? like waht type/size are those wheels and waht did he do to the wing to make it look like that? is it the same method you used to get it a tad higher? i love the way the red one sits. http://www.ramspott-brandt.de/gallery/Rennwagen/28.jpg

shade

also, Stephan, did you use the new rear adjustable upper links with your setup when you had the S4 rims on there?

one other thing, you know anytihng about this car? like waht type/size are those wheels and waht did he do to the wing to make it look like that? is it the same method you used to get it a tad higher? i love the way the red one sits. http://www.ramspott-brandt.de/gallery/Rennwagen/28.jpg

shade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shade,

I used the GAZ at front and rear also with the S4 wheels. My car is 3,5 cm lower than the original height.

I saw the race Esprit on a meeting at the Hockenheim Ring in Germany last year. The owner used it for trackdays over the last 4 years. Now he wants to sell it. I think he told me, that the wheels are from BMW, modified for the Esprit. The rear wing is a special racewing with aluminium "feets". When I saw it first, I thought it was a modified SE wing and the look gave me the insperation to raise my SE wing. The car is only a racecar, modified engine and Porsche brakes but without any german T

who owns this car? anyone from the forums here? if not, anyone know if there are spacers on the wheels? compared to the car in the background these things stick out SOOOO nice!!!

dscf00023nq.jpg

shade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NAH, ............. Bog S4S.

Mike :D

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Don't forget that the S4s and V8's have those little side spats on the wheel arches. The S4s rims on an S4 or SE/Turbo always look wider. Mine are the same.

BTW Mike,

Thought so on the day but the black centres look great. I amgoing to do mine dark greyto get a similar result.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160