Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Infotainment System Screen remains in fixed position - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Infotainment System Screen remains in fixed position

Watching various youtube videos of the Eletre over the past few months, the infotainment screen automatically moves from an upright position to it's in use position when driving, however, it seems to fixed in a set position for me.

Am I overlooking something? I can't see anything in settings that allow this to be set or any buttons to move it to the upright position useful for cleaning behind it)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nope. That's broken.

So is mine!

On pickup, it would rise when the car powers up, and flatten when you lock the car.

Next morning it would rise, pause for 5 seconds, and then lower again.

By the afternoon it wouldn't move at all.

Awaiting a call from technical support.....

Is your display stuck upright or flat?

So I've been told by customer services, true or not, that the Eletre screen is set in a fixed position and that it's not designed to be moving anymore. Cars have been made without the motors installed, they said 🥴

Therefore I don't know if this is true, especially as yours @jimbobjoe was showing signs of life.

They also said a large software update is expected this month.

So I've had an update to this. According to my dealership and the service team, every car should have a screen that moves with an option that can be controlled for it's position etc etc, as per the demo cars doing the rounds earlier in the year.

On their handover checks, every car is throwing up a warning on the screens (i'm guessing software is picking up something it's not expecting). They have spoken to Lotus head office teams, who advise an option should be showing in software (auto, fixed position etc), however, it appears the Setting and onscreen button is missing. At present they are trying to determine if a software update/fix will be deployed and if so when.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that.
At handover the sales person was surprised the button to manually move the screen was missing, so maybe the 'approved' software release (1.0.0c) is a slight rollback on what they had at Hethel?

Not had a call back yet, which is a bit disappointing, but it's not unusable as it is so long as the sun doesn't shine... 

Honestly I think it's software limited rather then hardware (at least for now). Mine is also fixes position, however based on the user manual I should be able to adjust the position form the display settings but that setting is completely missing, so my bottom dollar says that have either not implemented the function yet, or potentially already disabled it due to some issue (like failing hardware)

• Thanks 1

I was advised by customer services that early deliveries (I am therefore guessing China bound cars) were having issues with the mechanism and therefore they decided to put them into a fix position. As @da2001 says, the plan is to change the part in the workshop at some future point.

• Like 1

Mine has been in the upright position since I picked it up and I just assumed it was fixed there as I couldn't find any option to change it. The angle is fine and the lay flat idea seems a bit of a gimmick. Small adjustment might be handy in certain light conditions so hopefully there will be a fix.