Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wheeler dealers head port location? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wheeler dealers head port location?

I have a Lotus Elise 1.8 Rover K series engine year 2000. Now the car has done 112,000 miles the head gasket has gone leaking, and bubbles coming out of the coolant system. I know Rover has an issue with the head gasket. Now I have taken out the head gasket but I remember that Wheeler dealers took the head gasket to have porting to gain more power, I remember it says Suffolk speclist which is not far as I live in Essex. Does anyone know the address of the factory?

Thanks

Think I looked for them after I saw a repeat of the program. I have done a few K series head gasket changes (MG ZR/Rover 200)  and was vaguely thinking of them for my most recent one a couple of years ago. Also looked at the piper cams, but they seemed pretty expensive. Was thinking that my 1.8 120 hp ZR would be a bit better with some 150hp!!

• Like 1

I have heard someone got the 1.8 turbo from the scrapyard and swap into 25 (same as ZR) because the 1.8 N/A has a higher compression ratio than the turbo version. If installed turbo on N/A will running lean melt piston!

I suggest getting the full exhaust, air filter, camshaft high lobe, porting inlet and exhaust, high-performance manifold 4-2-1 more like 40+bhp gain but it will cost more than buying the 1.8 turbo engine if you can find one!

N/A engine on Rover can't remap.

Edited by FV43576