Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 60 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

I know the feeling, I need to stay away from that place. Could be a second chance of sorts but then again your car has the early Turbo look and is as mint as they come in its own right. Probably not worth it but I know how much you liked the other one.

What on Earth are fezzas? Is it some sort of hat from the middle East?

Anyway, it seems as if prices on Ferrari is slowly creeping Down, and Esprit slowly rising. In the cases where the actual Price did not meet the advertised Price, at least the advertised part is going up, displaying to the market and the selfmade moneymen, that the Esprit is a value.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

You can now invest in classics without ever buying one. You can buy a shares of an F40 in £500 units. You will never see the car, let alone drive it.

Shows how for some it really is simply about making money, they really don't give a stuff about the cars. Question is, what do they spend the money on? First thing I'd do after a windfall is trawl through the classifieds!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You have to admire the front. Presumably you do need to use the car occasionally in order to maintain it properly? 

So the proposition is:

You buy me a sought after classic.

I drive it.

I sell it for a big profit.

I give you a tiny bit of that back (less maintenance and insurance costs).

I'm in Barry.

Anyone want to invest in a Sport 300? Think of the cash I'll you'll make.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, The Pits said:

Anyone want to invest in a Sport 300? Think of the cash I'll you'll make.

I'll invest, if I at least get a ride in it. 

Didn't one recently come up for like 100 000 Euros (and it disappeared just as quickly).

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

That might have to cost extra Vanya, I’ll have a word with Barry. I will send you pictures and a post card every time I drive it to the Alps, France, Italy and the rest!

Tell you what a TLF joint owned car is not such a bad idea. Not for any kind of investment but rather to rack up an intergalactic mileage on. Nice little Elan M100 for starters?

15 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Tell you what a TLF joint owned car is not such a bad idea. Not for any kind of investment but rather to rack up an intergalactic mileage on. Nice little Elan M100 for starters?

I'm totally up for that. But let's make it an Excel. Can we get it to a million miles? 

On 26/01/2018 at 09:47, Mark Blanchard said:

I’ve noticed quite a few 308GTBs and 348s at the £40k mark.  Definitely a tumble in values in the last 6 months.

That's reassuring because I have a serious soft spot for the 348 - you get the classic lines and looks of Ferrari of old but without the wanker owners. Sadly I haven't seen the same trend in Sweden. The 348's are very pricey here. Not as pricey as a 996 turbo though ironically enough... 

• Like 1

Fine idea, nice reaction against the investment thing. I’ll drive it to Sweden personally for you! I wonder if we could circumnavigate the globe between TLF members?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Fine idea, nice reaction against the investment thing. I’ll drive it to Sweden personally for you! I wonder if we could circumnavigate the globe between TLF members?

Haha that'd be awesome - so I guess someone drives out, delivers the car, flies back home, the next person sits on it for a while, takes a road trip etc...

It's a fine idea...EXCEPT, it can't be left sitting around too long in any given country. Here in Sweden at least back in 2012 when I bought my SE from the UK, you weren't allowed to drive a car registered in another EU country for more than like 10 days before you had to register it here (hurray for EU and open borders!)....not that Sweden has anyone to enforce it, but it could be an issue in countries that have any kind of police presence checking this kind of stuff. 

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Thought we had a 410 on its way

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

10 days and pass it on sounds about right. The faster it circumnavigates the globe, the faster you get it back.

Wed be doing well to get Bibs’s 410 to 1m miles but I’m bang up for giving it a go!

• Like 1

Barry could build a whole esprit with the bits he has taken of his own already :P

I can just imagine Barry in his workshop,  sitting in front of a neglected esprit saying the words " show me "  like that fellow out of Christine !

The Kearly Frankenstein Esprit :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A