Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
need help with megamos alarm (pre`98 esprits) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

need help with megamos alarm (pre`98 esprits)

hello,

I've just finished a 2-year project (`97 v8).
During the 2 years I have owned the car, I thought the alarm had been deleted - I never heard it, and I opened the car with the key without any issues.
After a few trips parked the car.
Looks like I played with the key in the driver's door and somehow activated the alarm system.
Now every time I connect the battery it starts beeping,
When I turn the key - no light on the dash, no fuel pump noise, can't start the car.

Please share any helpful info, if you don't want to share it publicly, please use DM or a.mukhametchin@gmail.com.
I'd prefer to delete the alarm completely to avoid any battery drain.

1. it is Megamos, not a Cobra 
2. no fob, immobilizer, or any other extra key - I have just one key I open door and start the car with
3. please do not refer to manuals - I've read them all and found how to disarm the alarm (To switch off the alarm, turn the key all the way in the opposite direction, as to unlock the doors) - unfortunately, not working for me - video here: lotus alarm - Google Drive
4. the battery seems fine - when I connect it, lights pop up strong, alarm start beeping(~30sec), lights start flashing (~2min)
5. I tried to find f+g Megamos Gmbh contact - no luck. Looks like they are related to Delphi, emailed them, but no reply.
6. no info from the previous owner - he flipped the car - "Sorry, I don't know"

camphoto_1251336619.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sailorbob said:

A beeping is nothing to do with the factory alarm as that uses the horn as a siren. There is probably an aftermarket alarm / immobiliser fitted.

Thanks for the reply, Derek,

sorry for my English vocabulary - by beeping, I meant crazy loud alarm (you can check it on the videos - I have attached to p.3)

so it's stock