Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hand brake adjustment - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hand brake adjustment

Right so finally swapped out the diff of my 520 Eclat - I will not repeat my thoughts on Chapmans design on a public forum, but you get my drift.

One issue - during the re installation of the back right brake drum assembly, I dislodged the handbrake cable from the clevis , this was only noticed after I had re installed the drive shaft/drum etc. Obviously, getting to it is nigh on impossible without taking everything apart again - I honestly cannot bear thinking about going through that trauma again. I have read that some remove the back seat and cut holes above the drums to allow adjustment etc, Im thinking that would also allow enough space to re attach the handbrake cable?

What is the view on this and how easy /difficult is this process, any pics are welcome,

Cheers

This is what I've done in my Elite:

embed?resid=26F9DA86489430FD!298&authkey

embed?resid=26F9DA86489430FD!297&authkey

embed?resid=26F9DA86489430FD!296&authkey

embed?resid=26F9DA86489430FD!295&authkey

Sorry - last one a bit blurry, but you get the idea.  The "nut plates" behind the perimeter of each hole are fabricated from 5mm stainless.

Pete

• Like 1