Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Getting there from the A1 (North) - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Getting there from the A1 (North)

Hi all,

My memory must be going. I came to the big day last year following Kimber's suggestion to come down further south than you would expect to do when using the A1 from Leeds (to avoid 30mph roads and speed cameras) but I cannot for the life of me remember for sure what route I took.

Was the advice to go down to Huntingdon (A1) then to Cambridge (A14) and finally onto the A11 up to Norwich?

I'm usually good with remembering trips but this looks to be so far out of the way that I wanted to make sure!

I'm going to lie down in a dark room now.

Rich

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if that's the way you went last year, but it's certainly the way I'm going and prob in my opinion the best. Mostly dual carriageway but watch the cameras. They now have a SPECS average speed check just south of Huntingdon over a long stretch.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Not sure if that's the way you went last year, but it's certainly the way I'm going and prob in my opinion the best. Mostly dual carriageway but watch the cameras. They now have a SPECS average speed check just south of Huntingdon over a long stretch.

Not sure for certain, but when I last went through, it looked more like it is about 2 or 3 sections spaced out between Huntingdon and Cambridge - having said that it forces everyone to do 70 along the whole stretch and I wouldn't want to be the one who risked it to prove the fact! :rofl:

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

We are going down through Lincoln then onto the A17.

From the A1 you could cut off at Newark to take this Road.

This is the route I took last time and apart from a few speed cameras it wasn't too bad.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

A17 nightmare and loaded with camera's and 50mph limits. Best bet is last years route and meet up with South convoy at Attleborough services again.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Don't forget the odd corner or few!!!

It was ok last time I came down. Bit more interesting anyway. Between Lincoln and Sleaford has a nice stretch for def.

There are a load of guys from our local club NYLOC going on this route on the Sunday.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Well I decided to take the "slow" route down the A17 and since I was in a VW camper it didn't make much difference as it's limited to about 60 anyway.

I had to get to the campsite by 8pm and when I got to Newark the sat-nav said that I would be at least 30 minutes late if I took the southern route so down the A17 we went as it's about 50 miles shorter (which is a long way in a campervan!). The road was fine with no hold-ups at all, which is more than can be said for the A1 going north - miles and miles of queues. We were so glad to be going the other way.

I looks like it was the right choice going home as well. I hope the people involved in the accident on the A11 are ok. There was a serious accident on the A17 at Sleaford as well and the whole road was closed. Luckily the sat-nav found a way around it and I had the fun of driving a wide campervan down 6 foot wide roads across the fens.

Anyway, I would also like to express my thanks to everyone at Lotus for a great day and I am looking forward already to the next "open" day. I also discovered my four year old daughter is quite a good driver (well, on the electric go-carts anyway).

Richard

No injuries at all in the accident, goes to show how well the Fibre glass absorbs impacts.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer