Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S (2013), IPS. the output speed sensor in the gearbox replaced .. got P0700, P0721 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S (2013), IPS. the output speed sensor in the gearbox replaced .. got P0700, P0721

I had the output speed sensor in the gearbox replaced recently and have done only 100 miles since. Last weekend took the car for a short drive and after about 15 minutes of driving in very slow-moving traffic (15-25 mph) got on my dashboard "MIL" & "Check transmission" lights illuminated. I stopped the car after about 4 miles, connected OBDLink code reader and got P0700 , P0721 codes. Then I reset the codes (to avoid limp home mode) and drove at 50-80 mph (with and without Sport mode) for about 40 minutes. No errors, no lights.  Has anyone had something similar? Should I hope this was a one-off and ignore or this is serious and I have to go back to the garage for the 4th time in the last 3 months ... thanks 

Screenshot from 2024-04-29 09-57-51.png

Posted (edited)

update. today drove for 1.8 miles and got "MIL" & "Check transmission" lights illuminated again. Codes this time are: P0700, P0717, P1613. not clearing anything. No P0721 this time. seems like a never-ending story.  

image.png.4d91824fcd707fac1175210f8d486c19.pngimage.png.63714865067fc65f215db0f193d64019.png

Edited by kpoxa

I think you said that you've had the gearbox connector replaced previously but it would explain all the random fault codes. It would be first on my list just to rule it out.

Gav

• Like 1

a new engine harness was fitted in 2019 but the part of the harness that goes to the gearbox was touching one of the driveshafts (not visible until the air filter box was removed) and had chaffed through the insulation causing an intermittent connection. This was fixed and an output speed sensor in the gearbox was replaced. Also, it was found that the IPS plug is on the outside of the gearbox, was on but not securely. it was also fixed. but still, we get all these codes .. 

It does seem really strange as there seems to be very few issues with the IPS gearbox beyond the connector/plug. I'm sure mine when we first had issues a few years back spat out a code relating to one on the internal sensors, presumably the same one as I can only see that one on the parts diagram. I suspect mine only lasted as long as it did as it's kept in a dry garage most of the time. If you've seen the pictures of my plug on the other thread, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...