Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
One way valve direction ? - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

One way valve direction ?

LotusJohn

Hi guys

I have to replace the one way valve on my S4 (the one near the timing belt cams). Stupidly I didn't make a careful note of the which direction it went when taking it off :lol:

If someone could check what direction say the Black side faces (eg when viewed from the rear of the car) I'd be very grateful :lol:

Ta

John

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the one from the inlet manifold to the charcoal canister the suction from the manifold pulls from the canister. Too late and cold to check the colour at the moment but you could suck it and see...

DanR

Thanks guys

All sorted now - having just had week off work to replace exhaust gaskets (blown No.4), studs etc with engine in situ I'd taken numerous pics of pits I had to take off - felt a bit silly taking off the busted valve and thinking which way round it went after taking so much care with the major job

Yes you can replace manifold and or gaskets with engine in if you take your time and actually enjoy the challenge in some sad warped way :blush:

John