Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora EPB shoe change - difficult? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora EPB shoe change - difficult?

So, in the spirit of giving it a go, I’m thinking I have a defective / failing parking brake shoe in the nearside (rear). Or at least there’s something making a click-clack noise going on/off throttle, and over some bumps. When the cars cold. After a. Bit of a run, it doesn’t happen too much. Over cobbles it’s pretty painful to listen to.

Had the car checked over by Craig Moncrieff here in Edinburgh and he found nothing visible. Even UV checked the wishbones for cracks, and nothing. He didn’t have any brake shoes in stock as if they fell apart while inspecting I’d be stuck. He thought either brake shoe delaminating, or ‘d bush’, but was confident nothing was going to fall off.

So, anyone changed brake shoes? I can’t find a weblink / YouTube or anything to do the step by step, and I’ve never done them before. I’ve changed brake discs on my old Audi S4, and my Lexus ISF, but not the Lotus. Parts are £20, from Peugeot of all places.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images