Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Impromptu Monday Meet?? SW London - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Impromptu Monday Meet?? SW London

Evil_Dr_Fish

This is sudden, blue sky thinking and I fear I have left it too late to organise really?

I am thinking maybe doing a day hanging about the gorgeous pub at Wisley like last year.

Monday avo...

Its called the Anchor and is literally on a canal (ducsk and swans walk through the gardens...) and is right by a Lock and is basically a *stunning* place to be on a sunny, lazy afternoon

M25 Jn 10 (A3) Turnoff

If enough people fancy meeting up I shall give directions & times etc?

ANYONE?

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe :(

Got a link for the place? I wanna get there without doing the M40/M25

trawl if i can (or i'll be in the saxo :( ). I tried searching google with

anchor pub m25 j10

Nobody else make this mistake! because the first result is a link to

the reason fishy knows this place, and why it ain't on the map...

:)

Let me guess? The dogging site a couple of miles up the A3 in the weird car parkey thing? :(

Google Maps are the way forward

Go through Wisley. The Anchor is by the hairpin kink in the road that goes over the canal (that's navigation for Andy :( ) Just before Peatmoor wood.

You can park right next to the pub's garden. THey have put double yellow lines there now :) but we will be sitting RIGHT THERE so you can see if anyone's about to ticket you! (Which they won't cos this really is in the middle of nowhere!)

Detailed directions:

It's NOT actually as complicated as this sounds!

On the map

The Junction you can see is Jn 10

The Green Road is the A3

You go down the A3 and turn off about a mile or so down at the first roundabout (just visible at the bottom of the map)

Come BACK on yourself up the A3 about 1/2 mile (You DO go back onto the A3 - Mark :( :( )

Follow signs off the A3 to "Wisley Gardens RHS"

Once you've left the A3 and are in the lane, dont actually go into Wisley Garden RHS but just keep following the lane. It'as about 5 minutes (ish) and you get to the anchor pub on your right - YOU CANNOT miss it - it's a tiny road and the pub is the ONLY thing there by the bridge. Trust me - as long as you're on this road you *can't* miss the pub!

Saxo or Esprit, doesn't matter! - Eye candy is nice but the company is more important!

PS. Paul - Stop Sneaking! :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Sunday - WAS going to Weston Wheels... don't know for sure now?

Nah I didn't know if you were going to Dave's or not on Sunday Eve.

Ni-ways I was thinking of heading striaght there from Dave's on Monday to hook up, that sound like a plan ? Pity my cousin with the Delorean cant come - you'd get along.....hmmm perhaps I give em a shout too ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Lol Fishy didn't realise you were into meeting at places like that..... :(

Watch out all you Stevens owners (Notice there are no G Car replies, he's probably PM'd them all!) He'll probably have all the national press there in the carpark waiting for you. He's told them your all DOGGERS!!!!!!!! :)

I know you prefer G cars Mr Fish but I think this is a little harsh dont U?

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Dunno really!

2-3 ish I guess? Hang around for as long as anyone wants to?

not really supposed to be a "must hurry and get there by X time" sort of thing - more a leisurely afternoons' hang out parenthesised by a bit of a spin :D

Anyone thinking of turning up !?

If the weather is like today (ie hot and no clouds) it's a lovely place to meet, last time was a great laugh.

I'll either see you or call you tonight fisheh, unfortunatly I'll have to bring that douche Red along but it can't be helped :D

(best Delia impression) c'mon you lot, lets be having you !

Good plan!

Yes, the weather looks like it's supposed to be awesome again :D I can't think of a better place to pass a lazy Monday afternoon :( :(

I'm just ringing around some girls to see if I can't organise myself some eye candy!! ;)

I'm guessing I'll head up there for about 2pm but remember all... this isn't a hoon or anything -you're not going to 'miss us' if you're not there by a certain time - it's a leisurely afternoon's chill beside a Canal (Andy will be on his own beside a navigation :P ) So, no stress, enoy your drive in the sun and see you when we see you.

Does 2pm sound right to you guys? If you want to do earlier I can do that NO problem :)

Talked to Jason Kite as well sort of semi convinced him to brave the M25 traffic too. Highly sure we will be there, probably earlier than 2pm albeit somewhat pickled and suitably hung over - looking forward to being lazy, glorious weather here atm pity I'm currently on call :D

Robin I will call you within about an hour of when we leave - most probably get there suitably before 2pm.

Edited by Jonathan

Top banana - Jase came last time too :D Glad he's coming along ;)

Now how about Mark B?

Who else lives around London-ish?

You don't *have* to come in Esprits remember guys - it's about the day out, not the cars :(

Now how about Mark B?

Hi Robin,

would have definately been up for it, last year was ace. But in the West Country at the moment and going to Castle Combe Circuit tommorow, it's Ferrari Track Day.

Hope you all have a great day and hope the weather's good.

I'm guessing I'll head up there for about 2pm but remember all... this isn't a hoon or anything -you're not going to 'miss us' if you're not there by a certain time - it's a leisurely afternoon's chill beside a Canal (Andy will be on his own beside a navigation :( ) So, no stress, enoy your drive in the sun and see you when we see you.

Does 2pm sound right to you guys? If you want to do earlier I can do that NO problem ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Understood. I'll aim to get there for 2pm.

If there is no-one around by 2.15pm then

i'm off. This allows a nice 'laid back' 15 min

margin for people to arrive, more than enough.

:D

Anyone of you cockanese have a clue what M40/M25 will be typically like

tomorrow?. Last time i did J16 to J10 it was binned with roadworks and a

real engine cooker.

;)

I wanna go that route for speed. went out earlier in Esprit and every small

road was stuffed with Rover 200's and people carriers drifting aimlessly from garden centre to garden centre, steady fifty, in all directions. Blinking waste

of optimax really, (apart from the up and down the dual carrigeway thing).

:D

What's a cockanese?

I've obviously led a sheltered life.

The M40/M25 was slow today through the roadworks around the Staines area ( road widening, T5 etc) at around mid-day. Looked like the traffic was building.

If I was coming from Oxford, I'd go down the A34 ( as long as accident free), up M4 to J10 (Bracknell turning), cut through Bracknell area to reach M3 (well signed), down M3 just one junction to J4 ( Frimley), go down A325 ( Blackwater valley road) to end, get on A31 (Hogs Back) head for Guildford and there get on A3.

It's a bit of a zigzag but you'll keep moving.

Remember, nowhere is safe from Safety Cameras.

Alan

Thats very smilar to what we did coming back last Sunday - paid off on the keeping moving-o-meter! (Otherwise known as the temperature gauge!)

What's a cockanese?

I've obviously led a sheltered life.

The M40/M25 was slow today through the roadworks around the Staines area ( road widening, T5 etc) at around mid-day. Looked like the traffic was building.

If I was coming from Oxford, I'd go down the A34 ( as long as accident free), up M4 to J10 (Bracknell turning), cut through Bracknell area to reach M3 (well signed), down M3 just one junction to J4 ( Frimley), go down A325 ( Blackwater valley road) to end, get on A31 (Hogs Back) head for Guildford and there get on A3.

It's a bit of a zigzag but you'll keep moving.

Remember, nowhere is safe from Safety Cameras.

Alan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked at that, think you might be right. The M25 is such a misery,

to the point i can't bear heading east on the M40, once you get to J16

there seems little point being alive - let alone owning a sportscar.

:(

Still chin up and i'll go cross the country!

;)

'cockanese' are heast Landaners from within that particular blue circle of hell.

They trade in tortioses and monkeys with sailors down the docks, they walk

with bowed legs and eat eels and pickled sea pests, they tickle the ivories

and rattle spoons on their thighs, wear pearly jackets, eat the skin and discard

the fruit of their first bananas.

facinating species :D