Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
loretta (gumball lotus) in "The Driver" - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

loretta (gumball lotus) in "The Driver"

hi ppl

if you like road rallies (i.e. gumball/bullrun/players run/carbon black etc etc) you will love this book, it

tells the true account of what happens on these "its not a race its a rally" events. think its out in uk

this month

anyway alex seems to hold big respect for the crew of loretta the lotus esprit that did it in 2005,

(mussy & balkan - http://www.jwhmediaservices.co.uk/3ezer/root/main.html) seems you helped

him out alot.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ah im sorry but he is..

i know max, and basically alex is a big arse back stabber, after the crash mr roy and co slated him for not stopping it etc and slated the event and the way it was organised etc.. then no shortly after that said the gumball needs new management etc and then said about taking it over etc.. eh??? one min he slates it to hell then he wants to take it over and run it, then he wants to do something else etc... for months he rants about it at gtspirit then he does that usa speed road trip which in itself is bloody stupid after what happened on the gumball run. then a little gumball run is arranged and hes on it funnily enough. im sorry all respect there used to be for this guy has been tarnished within the gumball community. i stand by what i said, he's a cock.

i was waiting for you to respond si lol, as i know you love him. but i must say the book is still very good and

does actually say what speeds etc etc ppl really do and you can see why there are incidents. he seems he is

in it to win it basically, there are a handfull like that, which tbh is what 90% of ppl want to see. how well do you

know max? i hear the same traits about him also from a person thats on the inside LOL :D

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

max is fine he just has a passion for what he does and doesnt take shit about it from anyone, everyday hes bombarded by do-gooder global warming idiots going on about all the cars doing damage etc, dealing with various countries legal depts etc for arranging the next events, running the business in general. he took a while to lift it up and now many want to bring it down around his ears, its a bit like if 20 esprits go out for a hoon, and one of us hits a car, are the rest of us responsible for it because we all have the same cars, on the same road and having the same hoon? when the accident happened it was like seeing rats leaving a sinking ship tehy all slated max and deserted his side, yet they are all booked for next years gumball already... bit wierd that.

sorry , max like any boss can be a bit of an arse sometimes, thats the nature of running your own business, but when people try to bring it down against you out of malice and spite, that pi55es me off and i dont stand for that.

bibs has met/knows max also, he can tell you the same thing, max has a passion for what he does period.

Edited by bigsi

DSC00906.jpg

That was taken 30 mins before the start of the 2006 Gumball which I was in (for a couple of hours anyway!) Si is right, he's a lovely guy and I had a nice chat with him before I got too drunk at the launch party the night before the event. Very passionate and tonnes of energy, he even advised me when I got nicked on how to deal with the ticket which was nice seeing as we were just a display car :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

DIDNT SAY HE WAS A NASTY HORRIBLE MAN, in fact he is a genius inventing the gumball, i just hear he is a bit off a car snob at times, and can be a bit up his own ass. then again he can afford to be.

as for the global warming thing he is doing the whole good to the enviroment thing this year anyway and i have read about his choice

of destination and i do know that a few ppl are not happy because of the loon that runs the country, but im sure it will be as good as

ever. how do you know max then si? good guy to know

Edited by karluk29

had to put my POINT across somehow to the foreigners, and i dont me our over sea friends i mean the welsh LMAO.

you basically agreed with what i said in your last post i suppose, but it doesnt change the fact i like his book lol

you gotta catch me first,,,,remember me "proper" lotus, you "red plastic pig car" :D:D

(oh and did you get the pm about cf,,,,creeps)

would she be in the valleys?, watch out for the pitch forks, "get off my land" as you speak the devils language (english) they may try and burn you at the stake.

"im thinking i may not be going to "the wales" again after this thread lol"

• 2 months later...
Here's my ride for the 2006 Gumball and me being interviewed for Icelandic TV!

I did offer my Esprit but they wanted the Bedford Rascal!

Bedford Rascal --- OH the van right --- thought you meant someone else :D

There is not alot of Lotus talk specifically. He always talks highly of the two drivers, though. (didn't know it was an esprit til now for sure, though)

Nice pic Jon - did you take it?

Yes, not the best picture ever but the best i could get in between the people and other cars! - I think the whole of Prague turned out to see the Gumballers!

TBH i didn't get that many pictures of it as i was relieved to see Loretta drive away that morning.....!