Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Curry Night - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Curry Night

simonf

Trevor (a fellow LEFer all the way from New York) is in Norwich for three days only! And we are arranging an 'ale and curry' evening in Norwich on Thursday 20th December 2007.

I know its christmas but just think of how many scantilly clad bits of totty that will be around - and i hear that Norwich girls are easily impressed especially by slightly rounded middle aged men that drive Norfolk made sports cars!

Could we see a show of hands for those that are interested please.

SimonF Food Required

Trevor Food Required

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SimonF - food required

Trevor - food required

James - food required

Andy- food required

Kimbers - Food required

You sure you ve got the right day :thumbup:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'd like to but can't comfirm yet because I may be back home in Staffordshire.

Add me as a provisional and I'll confirm nearer the time :getmecoat:

Sorry, but I've just noticed this fantastic emoticon and just had to use it somewhere ...... and where better than a beer and curry thread

:blush::blush::beer: :beer:

Keep off the straight and narrow

Sorry, but I've just noticed this fantastic emoticon and just had to use it somewhere ...... and where better than a beer and curry thread

:blush::blush::beer: :beer:

VERY COOL EMOTICON!!! :beer::getmecoat: is the best i can do!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

VERY COOL EMOTICON!!! :blush::getmecoat: is the best i can do!

Yes I've got the right day.

I think I know what mucked up the days of the AEG meet, the talk about moving the day due to Stoneleigh.

And this Sunday, simple, I didn't get told where I was going or when, just it was a car show on a weekend.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Better start thinking of a rendezvous point - now i am guessing but i wouldn't have thouoght many people will be driving to this one, so will most of you guys be coming be train? or will other halves be dropping off/coming and driving you home again?

If the train looks favorite, i suggest meeting there! Its quite a big landmark and just at the edge of the city centre!!

Watcha reckon?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

If the train looks favorite, i suggest meeting there! Its quite a big landmark and just at the edge of the city centre!!

I haven't done it yet, but I intend booking at the Travelodge in the centre of Norwich as several of you suggested. I see that's only a mile from the station, and I should be able to navigate my way there to meet. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Cheers, Trevor

I haven't done it yet, but I intend booking at the Travelodge in the centre of Norwich as several of you suggested. I see that's only a mile from the station, and I should be able to navigate my way there to meet. I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Cheers, Trevor

We look forward to meeting you too. It looks like its gonna ve a good turn out!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• 2 weeks later...
SimonF - food required

Trevor - food required

James - food required

Andy- food required

Kimbers - food required

Buddsy - food required

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Has an eatery been selected yet because I will almost certainly only pop up for the nosh.

I know it's not curry but I haven't been to Pedro's for a long time.

The last time I went the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great fun - anyone fancy mexican rather than indian ?

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

Has an eatery been selected yet because I will almost certainly only pop up for the nosh.

I know it's not curry but I haven't been to Pedro's for a long time.

The last time I went the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great fun - anyone fancy mexican rather than indian ?

Nifty i would probably prefer a maexican to be honest, but you are never going to convince the other's as they are hardcore curry heads!! Meet up for a mexican some other time - they are always running a two4one vouchers so when i see them in the paper i will let everybody know coz it is good fun in there!

Was good to see you again

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Guys i think James and Buddsy would be really disapointed if we change the plan now as they have specified there preferrence/love for a curry, however i am happy to go with the consensus!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

As it happens, although I love curry I'm also quite partial to Mexican food and, erm, Thai, Chinese, Italian, French, Greek etc... damn it I just love food! :lol:

So if the majority favour a change of plan* that's just fine with with me.

* But we'd then need to rename the event :lol:

As it happens, although I love curry I'm also quite partial to Mexican food and, erm, Thai, Chinese, Italian, French, Greek etc... damn it I just love food! :lol:

James, Why doesn't that surprise me :lol:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I to believe it or not used to go to Pedros a lot back in the day when I spent 2 years at RAF Coltishall in the RAF. If you were going there I might be tempted to make the trek up from Londinium to join in. I'll keep an eye out on your plans.......

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Come on guys!! Bloody hell! Trevors in the UK for a short time why the bloody hell would he want to eat mexican, which he gets (and it's authentic mexican) so easily in the states.

If anything we should be doing roast beef and yunkie puds, fish and chips or at least an Indian, which is more authentic UK food and something he doesn't get in the states.

Jeez! :rolleyes:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Right, in that case, let's go ahead with Plan A then... and we can then arrange the Mexican evening for next year :rolleyes:

As far as the curry night is concerned, bearing in mind it's during the immediate run up to Xmas do we need to check on availability and get somewhere booked pronto like?

Right give me the final numbers and i will book up!

Simon

Trevor

James

Buddsy

Also are we meeting at the train station?

If so what time?

And do we want to take on ale before we eat?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!