Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
A tidal surge builds in the North Sea - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

A tidal surge builds in the North Sea

arbell9

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

No electrical power from 5pm until around 9.30pm - high winds knocked it out, so no heating, no lights, no TV, no computer and no cooker, so fish and chips by candlelight - very romantic! As nothing else to do in the dark, did suggest an early night (as you would) :animier: and then wouldn't you know it - power restored - talk about bad timeing. :animier:

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ian,

Some advice for next time. Pull the fuse. After the 'deed' you can then pop down and reconnect. If you are lucky the power will have come back on and you can ask the Mrs for a cup of tea. Haven't tried this advice personally, but I'm sure it would make for an exciting evening.

Regards,

Peter.

No electrical power from 5pm until around 9.30pm - high winds knocked it out, so no heating, no lights, no TV, no computer and no cooker, so fish and chips by candlelight - very romantic! As nothing else to do in the dark, did suggest an early night (as you would) :animier: and then wouldn't you know it - power restored - talk about bad timeing. :animier:

glub.....glub.......I couldn't get to see my client today as Great Yarmouth is closed...literally. Nothing in, nothing out. One of our salesmen said they closed the main bridge into Lowestoft as he drove over it this morning.

2 of our staff aren't in as they live near the broads and they are busy sandbagging and 2 of our main rivers here are tidal and on flood warning (one runs under the road outside work).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer