Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Next AEG meeting Tues 4th Dec - Page 3 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Next AEG meeting Tues 4th Dec

simonf

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then guys and gals,

Those meeting at thickthorn should be there fore 7pm aiming for lift off at 7.15pm so that we make the Breckland Lodge at around 7.45pm to rendezvous with the essex/suffolk and cambridge contingent then on to Nick's for 8pm for a drink and then food!

Thats the plan anyway!

See you there

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Half an hour to get from Thickthorn to Breckland Lodge ... are you towing the Esprit with a Cinquecento ?

<_<:harhar:

Keep off the straight and narrow

Half an hour to get from Thickthorn to Breckland Lodge ... are you towing the Esprit with a Cinquecento ?

<_<:harhar:

Nifty i had to build in time for Owen and Andy!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Poor old S4 is a non starter due to having expired. Couldn't start it Yesterday even with a jump pack. So I'll be in my daily drive.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Poor old S4 is a non starter due to having expired. Couldn't start it Yesterday even with a jump pack. So I'll be in my daily drive.

You are having some poor old luck with that S4 of yours! Hopefully just a duff battery!

See you tomorrow night - are you meeting at thickthorn or breckland or at Nick's?

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

You are having some poor old luck with that S4 of yours! Hopefully just a duff battery!

See you tomorrow night - are you meeting at thickthorn or breckland or at Nick's?

SiF

Yes..... <_<

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

Don't worry Tony, you're not the only one. Did a quick clean of the Esprit yesterday inbetween rain stopping, come to start it and it only just turned over! It had been standing for four or Five days, and it's outside so I think this winter is going to be my batteries last! After cleaning I took the car for a blast down the by-pass so it's alright now. Jan/Feb will see how good the battery really is, hope it makes it.

My car has the same problem as some others, electric window switches alway lit, so I will be changing the circuit to ignition live soon to stop the drain.

Owen.

PS. You aren't allowing time for me Simon, I'll be there on time!

Richard, want to meet up at the Travelodge and then hoon crawl up the A140 to Diss and thence onto the B1077?

I'll be coming from Norwich (don't ask, bl**dy daughter needs another handout...) tomorrow so I'm spoilt for choice. Probably the Thickthorn, I think.

Tell me about the A140. Its disgraceful what they have done to that road.

Thickthorn......I should be at Thickthorn, unless I'm late getting home from work then ill meet you at Breckland Lodge.

So the list for meeting a thickthorn is as follows

Simonf Definately

Kimbers Unless he is late home from work

Richards3 Probably

OwenGT3 Possibly

What about Buddsy and Andydclements?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

So Simon....looks like it's just you and me then.... :thumbsup:

I'm really sorry but can't make tonight. This is one of my busiest times of year at work and I'm not going to get away in time. Very dissapointed as was so looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a great time.

Brendan

See you at 7 at Thickthorn!

Well, I do hope you chaps had a lovely time and remembered to drink a toast to absent friends :D

The Timeshare Esprit made it safely back home on the back of a flatbed recovery vehicle and has now taken to its sickbed moaning inconsolably about lost clutch fluid and a (suspected) poorly clutch cylinder :)

Big thanks to Kimbers for driving back from Nick's Diner to come to our aid and to Bibs for his invaluable 'how to best recover an Esprit' tips. Cheers chaps :)

No Matey, feel too sorry for you. We all know what it's like to have a poorly car :D

On another note was good to see you all again and check out those great pictures hanging on the wall of the diner. I also now know where they came from with a quick conversation with the owner on the way out.....

"I'll have to tell Roger you came here, he'll be interested to know!"

"Roger?"

"Roger Becker, he's a friend of ours!"

"Now I know where all the Lotus pics came from...even the X180 and M250 were up there!"

Great place to meet if ever the rest of LEF want to join us!

Nice flames Simon....you show off!

Nice flames Simon....you show off!

Yeah i'm a croud pleaser! Glad James and Steve made it home ok! I must admit i was terrified that my car was going to breakdown on the big one (distance wise) last meet!

I am also glad that Andy made it home as he was supposed to be following me and i was behind of all people OWEN and we managed to lose him (maybe a new crown for Capt. Slow!! :D)

Left Owen at the Thickthorn and proceeded into Norwich on the Newmarket Road and just by the Eagle pub the Police were doing a road block (non shall pass type affair), three cars there with no lights on (one can only assume caught and nicked for drink driving) i thought i was going to get tested too but the policeman just said "I haven't got my speed gun, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that you were going faster than 30, I know you car is capable of doing great speed but the roads are greasy so just keep the speed down in town. Nice car by the way" and waved me on PHEW!

Good to see you all and look forward to seeing some of you at the curry night!

Best wishes

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Enjoyable evening, the burgers were just fantastic :D

Sorry you couldn't make the final leg James.

Hope to see you in January ... and it's Suffolk next month so your call on venue I guess.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Yeah Kimbers, he is a show off with the flames. But he's our show off so thats ok.

Great place - and all the time I lived in Narfuk I never knew about it. I reckon that we ought to have another go there in the summer when all our cars are out to play?

You know that all night garage on the Attleborough bypass you all told me about?

It shuts at 10.30 :D I got there with a minute to spare and running on fumes....