Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HKS Race BOV (recirculated) and BIG Chargecooler - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HKS Race BOV (recirculated) and BIG Chargecooler

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Marcus at PUK.

Marcus had to modify the bleed port location IIRC, to move it up higher.

It comes in aluminum, so he painted it and glued on the Lotus Sport ChargeCooler badge.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

What's that bit stuck to the side of the plenum chamber with a pipe on it? Is that the recirculating bit of the dump valve?

Yes, the HKS Race BOV is recirculating, and it has that short bit of flexi tube back into the airbox.

Much quieter than the non recirculated piston type BOV, you don't get the Pshhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeewwwwwww.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

I used a black wrinkle coat, very thick to insulate the CC as well, the paint I cannot remember but it was a Chrysler Red. Some say Industrial red.

nice.

have to ask - what is that paint code please?!

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious,

Has anyone measured CFM capability, pressure drop and inlet/outlet charge air temp(s) on this or a like unit?

Craig

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

I know Marcus did check the flow and pressure drop on mine, but I dont know what they were. I do have a gauge that measures the inlet and outlet temps....never put it on though. It tells in & out and difference just never felt like drilling 1cm holes in the CCs though.

Just curious,

Has anyone measured CFM capability, pressure drop and inlet/outlet charge air temp(s) on this or a like unit?

Craig

I know Marcus did check the flow and pressure drop on mine, but I dont know what they were. I do have a gauge that measures the inlet and outlet temps....never put it on though. It tells in & out and difference just never felt like drilling 1cm holes in the CCs though.

Just make sure to install it before you sell me the car ;^)

On a similar note, I always thought the layout of the stock SE/S4 etc... intercooler was strange, like the charge air stays in the intercooler too long. Kind of like a vertical flow air to air vs side flow air to air debate.

I have a PWR 02506062 stitting at home just waiting for me to get off my butt and install. might make a good comparison thread when it's done. Stock vs. BIG bad boy vs. PWR etc...

fwiw-

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington