Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WELCOME CANADIANS! - Page 2 - Canada - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

WELCOME CANADIANS!

t70

Heck... the Medicine Hat lodge is on the way to my shop from where I work! We can pick you up, show you the cars, and bring you to dine at Earls... That should be a plan once we know you're dates!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the dates ( which are not set in stone) i have been told so far are, either the 4th or the 7th fly out January to possibly the 31st of march inclusive.

there is already some members of our depot that been there for 6 months, and will be going back again (should be coming back here for two weeks Xmas holiday) with me for a further 3.

i had better try and find a voltage adapter so i can bring my laptop :blush:

the other people from my place have been on all the sight seeing tours in the last 6 months that they could, the only reason i am able to take someones place, is due to him having to come back to the UK for a operation on his foot. fortunately for me but not the lad.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

We look forward to meeting you and spending some time together, Dave. January through mid-February is usually the doldrums of winter here, but with signs of spring possible from late February on.

What kind of work are you doing here? Are you with the British Army? Will you be working any evenings or nights?

Once your plans firm up, keep posting them here, and the local Lotus lads will make some plans with you. If you can't find a voltage adaptor at home, I'm sure we can find you one here.....

Happy Christmas to you!

sorry for the delay, i have been waiting for information about the trip to arrive, I now Know i will be flying on the 8th and will be stopping til the end of March in Med-hat.

I am not with the British Army, but have to follow similar rules as i am a civil servant. As for working nights, no :devil:: i have been told that all the overtime available is a Friday and not the nights, witch could be good :lol: then again, i am here also to save money towards a new Esprit, so too much free time = spending time :D

you are going to have a colder one today, but warming up -4 to -7 for thr week ahead ( at least that what met-check says :D ) weather forecast for Medicine Hat

Dodgy Dave

Edited by Dodgy

I got the 'tickets' today , they seem to have done away with actual tickets, and you just print off your own Itinerary/Receipt on the PC, and hand that over instead :lol: you can even check in on line too. technology eh, where will it end :D

anyway, i cannot be anymore specific as to say ...... arriving at 19.08 on the 8th Jan and ready for bed :devil: (it would be 00.08 UK time) no doubt i will still be up for hours sorting myself out too :D

Hello again Dodgy.

As I write this, it's 1:00 am, and it's now +3C. Looking at the 14-day trend, the forecast is a daily high around -3C when you arrive. There is some, but very little snow on the ground. Not to say we won't get more winter while you're here, but your arrival shouldn't be too bad. If you are flying in from Calgary, it should be on a 19-seater, a turboprop Beech 1900D. Most people would consider that a small plane. It will be noisy, and does a little rock-and-rolling.

We should give you a couple of days to get over your jet-lag. We can always track you down, and leave a message at your hotel. But if you want, you can also phone me on my cellphone: 403 - ***-**** (you may need to leave a message). Mark or Garry could also leave you contact information.

Do you need a lift from the airport to your hotel?

Edited by aerobat

Thanks John, i have made a note of your number :D

Thanks for the offer, but i think all the transportation is layed on for us :thumbsup:

flying to Calgary on a 333, then a connecting flight back to Medicine Hat on - as you say - a beech 1900d.

beh1900d-a.jpg

Cheers :D

Dodgy

OK Dave, fantastic then.

Best Wishes for the Christmas season, and we look forward to meeting you in the New Year.

And... you can contact me @ (403) 581 6875... Yet again, I'll be working only a few block from you're hotel.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

thanks, Mark (otis - realized its the name of your car :sleeping: have noted t into the laptop :D

mark and john, i have made a note of both your numbers now, you may wish to remove them for security reasons .

Dave (hope this makes sense, sis brought me bottle of whiskey for Xmas and its gone to my head :) hic)

Edited by Dodgy

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...

It's still winter weather here, at least in most of the country, but here is something from sunnier times a few months back:

IMG_2815 (1).JPG

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

I am definitely more of a fan of the bigger newer cars, over the Elise/ Exige's.   Can't wait for spring and summer ...... !