Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tow Hook - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tow Hook

• Gold FFM

My 89 SE made for the US does not have a tow hook - I would like to fit one.

Can some one point me to where I can get one - and more importantly - where does it attach?

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

I think the pre 's4' Esprit was meant to be towed by putting a rope around somewhere on the Chassis. But I never tried it.

If you do ever need to get recovered, I would suggest getting a wagon that can pull you on backwards and then you can get a rope onto the chassis at the back easy enough.

Lou, your looking to add a tow hook for autocrossing or race use aren't ya? Just can't leave it alone can ya...... :)

Like your supercharged Lincoln LS...... with a tow hook :(

Is your lawnmower supercharged witha tow hook also? just messing with ya, Lou.... :(

You just have to tell them its a Lotus Esprit and it cannot be towed, it Has to have a flat bed :

111-1113_IMG.jpg

109-0975_IMG.jpg

jezon1edit.jpg

just make sure he carries extra pieces of wood to get the clearance. the yellow v8, the driver of the trailer ended up using ratchets off the straps to gain height

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Gold FFM

yep - all my cars end up too low...

I have a winch bolted into the floor of my garage - and I use it to tow a disabled vechile up the driveway and onto my lift.

So if I ever break down - I get towed to the house and then winch it onto the lift so I can fix it....

I though all the euro cars has tow hooks - no?

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

just recently i have been thinking of adding one to my S3T :) i thought about a welding on a boss to the chassis with a thread in it, then a screw-in eye when/if needed kept in the boot.

nope, was surprised myself at no towing eye needed in the EU

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• Gold FFM

Well -looking at my AutoArt Esprit model - it has a tow hook (no kidding). So I look on my car - sure enough - it has a matching hle in the lower grill where the model has the tow hook - but I there is no place to mount anything....

Here is where the tow hook looks like it fits

Edited by Quikr

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• Gold FFM

Here is the partslist pic -

Does anyone know what goes between the two plates? is there some structural piece there?

• Like 1

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• 2 months later...

Well, it sure looks nice Lou, but how'd you end up mounting them??? That's what I'd like to do as well, give us some details and I'll put er in the Wiki!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

I'd like t o fit a tow hook, surley its wise to have one even for a flat bed truck as the car may need winching on if it has no drive?

anyone know the part number?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"