Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Octane - Extensive Write Up - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Octane - Extensive Write Up

hedgerley

13 pages devoted to the Esprit. Nothing new story wise but nice to see a well respected 'classic' magazine be so positive about the car. There is also a couple of pages on other concept 'wedges' from the 70's.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I hope they keep that cover for the U.S. version of the mag -- unlike T&CC who last year put a blue and yellow Ferrari on the U.S. cover while you guys got a yellow Esprit (Scott's, IIRC) on the cover for the Esprit feature.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I was out yesterday (26th) trying to buy this edition but could I find somewhere open?!

Even today the big WHS didn't have the new edition! :devil:

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Hi,

I got this magazine this morning from WHS. Good write up and generally good praise all round regarding the Esprit as a worth while investment supercar, although most of it was aimed at S1 through to first Stevens models.

Owen

My pops bought me a subscription to Octane last month and first issue that came through was this one - cool eh.. had been buying since launch and kept most copies.. this one especially. :thumbup: Copy I have has a much cooler front cover with an interior shot of the S1 and the Esprit script in original font.. Great article and seems to show the rest of thew world has caught up with what we already knew..

I now know I want to pick up a mint G car at some point to use as a weekend car alongside Eleanor who will frankly be way too hardcore for trundles and few in my family will agree to get in it. A HC or JPS car would be superb.

Jon

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Just bought my copy, and I agree, great to see the Esprit get a postive write up in a top mag

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I see someone is selling the collectors edition on ebay, different cover?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I eagerly await its arrival at my local book store! Will definitely buy! :unworthy:

Thanks for hosting it, Bibs!

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I've just seen on line that there's a pic of my S3 in there too. :unworthy: Bazza

It's a pretty small pic (2.5" bottom right of page 65) and I think it's just one of the library "side view" shots of our ice-blue S3s which used to appear in the brochures around that time. Possible I've missed something though!

Interesting the comments about JPS cars and other early models becoming desirable. My recollection from the time is that the S3 was generally regarded as a hugely better purchase prospect than any previous Esprit. I was very tempted to buy a black S3 and do it up with JPS decals but went ice-blue with turbo seats in the end.

Glad to have the tip to buy Octane! Not my usual read so was intrigued to find another article in there about a vintage restorer I've known for many years. Chap called Keith Bowley on page 104. Those cars are a bit "Fred Dibnah" for my taste though!