Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG meet February - Page 3 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG meet February

andydclements

Quick roll call.

Confirmed attendees

Andy - food required

James - ditto

Simon - ditto

Steve - ditto

Tobi + husband - ditto

Brendan - ditto

Kimbers - ditto

Ralph - ditto

Owen + Tracy - ditto

Venue and times

Tuesday 5th February. Meet at 8pm, eating at 8:30pm

Ancient Shepherds

5 High Street

Fen Ditton

CAMBRIDGE

CB5 8ST

Parking - either in the car park (behind pub) or immediately in front on a very quiet, wide No Through Road.

Click here for map

Norwich contingent/anyone else travelling East>West - meet in Little Chef car park (BP service area on A14 west of Newmarket) as per last time? If so, meet at 19:30 and leave at 19:40 sharp?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK James. All I need now is a consensus as to what time the Norwich contingent meet at Thickthorn

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I don't finish work till 6!!!!!! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Lets try and keep a convoy together this time (andy and simon) rather than hairing off at *** mph! Lets take a nice leisurely drive, it's much better and....ah hell who am I kidding! :devil:

Lets try and keep a convoy together this time (andy and simon) rather than hairing off at *** mph! Lets take a nice leisurely drive, it's much better and....ah hell who am I kidding! :devil:

I will be in the Audi S3 Turbo so i am gonna smoke the lot of you!!! :devil:

Lets say 6.30pm at Thickthorn then and lets hope for no delays!!

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

The roads will probably be damp, otherwise I'd be keen to see how my car compares with Kimbers. (I just went back and removed "mine" and replaced it with "my car"- read the other option and you'll know why I changed it)

Blue one driving OK, but then it's not until I get on a road with lorry made tram lines I know if the rack change has made a difference to the wandering.

Set up the tracking at home, took it to Chris Baker's today, I had the toe in 3 mins above spec, so I think that's pretty close. So battery permitting I'll bring the blue one.

See you by 6:30 at Thickthorn.

Andy

Good morning everyone!

I'm going to be a little late getting there tonight. I have to film a dance production and it now finishes later than expected. Hope to get there for just after 9.00. Better count me out for food - just leave me your leftovers to nibble on! I will be there even if it's just in time for last orders!

Look forward to seeing you all later.

Brendan

So there's you and me in the Lotii. What about Owen? Are you in the yellow Peril mate?

Can I add another to the group? A family friend is visiting and would love to come along, which would make us Tobi + husband + friend (+ baby + esprit). He's up for food as well. Apologies for the late addition (but better than a late subtraction). And I will be coming in #5, so add another Esprit to the list.

So there's you and me in the Lotii. What about Owen? Are you in the yellow Peril mate?

Yes, the wife and I will be in the Esprit. We will meet you there as I have to collect the wife from work then home.

Owen.

6.30 at latest then, Thickthorne.

Great meeting last night with 12 of us overall. Myself, Andy, Tobi and Owen all braved the torrential rain and hail to get the Esprits out, whilst the rest all turned up with various excuses ( :thumbsup: )

Good meal and good company kept us at the restaurant till 10.30 ish and then it was a quick hour home.

Unfortunately Andy's car, which he thought was fixed obviously wasn't as it decided going straight was not an option. It must have been worse on the way back because despite slowing down to 50 or so on the A14 he never caught me up.

By then Simon and Owen had disappeared into the distance and it took me 2/3 of the distance to catch Owen up. Which I did in true LEF style of flashing lights and a rapid overtake. We then Hooned back the rest of the way together.

Thanks to all and sundry. Nice to meet you guys and gals I hadn't met before and looking forward to the next AEG meet!

I echo everything Kimbers said, it was another great AEG night! I was a bit disappointed with my steak though :) It wasn't half as good as the last one i had there :thumbsup: However two things that were as good as last time- the service, they really know how to look after you there and of course the company!

Sorry for eating all the chips, i honestly thought those plates were to go no more than two ways!!!

On the way back i caught Owen up fairly quickly and i too gave him the traditional AEG fly past (120bananas flashing and honking the horn!!) I was in my front door by 10.55pm which is pretty good going!!

Nice to see you all and i look forward to the AEG meeting with NMEG and then our March meeting!

Best wishes

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Guest Steve L

Hi

Glad you all had a great time, apologies for not making it but I was having much more fun at work - NOT :thumbsup:

Sounds like you all got home way before I did as well.

Now thats twice in a row I have been foiled at the last minute - the first time was due to a sudden lack of clutch fluid.

Any way - hope to see you all soon.

Hi,

Can only say the same as the rest. Had a great evening with great company. My wife Tracy enjoyed herself as well and will perhaps attend some more meetings. Yes, have to say both Simon and Kimbers zoomed past me like the mad hatters they are, :) but as Kimbers backed off and I caught him up again I did enjoy the ride home as a twosome until he left me at Wymondham. Although you may think I'm slow, we still managed to pass a lot slower traffic considering the time of night and with reasonably clear roads.

I was pleased I fixed my wiper blade and arm, it transformed my view of the road, although my wife does agree that new light reflectors are in order, so it won't be long before they are serviced.

The only let down of the evening was like all long table meals is having a chat with people at the other end of the table, so will have to play musical chairs next time and sit and speak to others members.

Now the better weather is on the way (hopefully) and lighter evenings, it would be great to see more attending our neck of the wood (Norfolk), now we have the numbers we need to keep the attendance up and push for newer members as well as the regulars, we are only an hour away from Cambridge!

Thanks to all who attended and the staff at the Ancient Shepherds. :thumbsup:

Owen and Tracy.

Edited by OwenGT3

Hi,

OK! Photo from yesterday AEG Cambridge meet. I've put name's to faces, sorry Tobi, couldn't remember your husbands name and your friend, and Tracy is my wife.

Look forward to the next one in Norfolk again. Note I've put your forum names.

CambridgemeetAEG.jpg

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Owen,

It wasn't that slow and is a very comfortable speed in the Esprit. It took me till after thetford to catch you and I only left a minute or behind you (apart from waiting for the Esprit with the wander) so I wouldn't say you were slow, just not as quick as some.

Glad to see you posted up the picture that makes me look fat (who am I kidding, it's a rare pic where I doesn't cause I am!!).

Nice to meet you Ralph and lear about your time at Lotus design and nice to see your still sort of in the Motor industry (Ford are barely just inside the industry parameters! :thumbup: )

But where's Andy? He hasn't replied on here yet?