Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Mighty AEG meets the NMEG - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Mighty AEG meets the NMEG

simonf

I don't know if you were aware that we are supposed to be meeting NMEG on the 2nd February* - just 3 weeks away! The location hasn't been agreed so we are holding a vote. The options are Rutland lakes (owengt3) or the Science Museum Leicester. Please be kind enough to indicate your preferred venue.

Simonf - Science Museum

Owen GT3 - Rutland Lakes

Many thanks

SiF

PS can i hitch a ride with someone in their Esprit as mine is sick!

Edit - *now confirmed as 24th February

Edited by Tentenths
Date amended

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Please see the NMEG thread. We will be at Rutland Water on Sunday the 24th Feb and hope you lot can make it........

Personally, I blame Howard. :devil:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi,

Going to have to be a killjoy regarding this one. :lol: Making plans last year is all well and good, but situations change, I won't be able to make this trip, I just have too much expense at the moment and for several months to come (Esprit MOT, may need tyres, Esprit Insurance and road tax all in April) As well as fixing other jobs on the cars, house, garden etc. Also not knowing yet (we find out in our Jan pay) whether my firm has enough money to give us a shitty rise (always less than inflation!) this year, so it's looking bleak, so it's only essential spending. :clap: And with 17% electric/gas fuel rise and council tax more than likely 11% I'm almost ready to call it a day! :devil:

Oh and I forgot I need to replace these broken items, video recorder, laptop, telly! :crybaby:

Sorry!

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Sorry you won't be able to make it Owen.

My plans to get the TE back on the road after only a few days seem to have hit a snag, delay on getting the steering rack, S3 failed MOT, and need to get a couple more jobs done on the Excel.

I plan to be there, but cannot plan which car I'll have yet. And all that eats into the finances, so i know how you feel.

Andy

Hi,

I'm seriously pissed off about it. If you don't get a rise you can't tell the council tax, the gas/electric companies, 'sorry I didn't get a rise so you can't have anymore money!'

Our firm has been in trouble for ages, we're not growing, but shrinking, people have been laid off in the past, two recently, a whole department shut down and it's rumoured we are only making

Edited by OwenGT3

feel for you Owen , I havent had a pay rise in 15 months and earning what I was earning 10 yeras ago , per hour,

I love the job but getting a better rate is going to be hard, my monthly fuel bill is

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Don't you love the way that local Govt, utilities and police can put prices up as much as they have (my Gas/Electric just went up 25% in one month as here in East Anglia we get "Regionalised" payments and aparantly we're all rich in Norfolk) yet the Govt tell my wife she can only get a 1.9% and this only paid over 6 months. Why?

Because they are trying to keep inflation down. Hmmmmm. Try dropping fuel duty by a penny, that will have the same effect, or maybe stop my local police increasing my Council payments by 21% last year and 18% this year! That will slow inflation down. :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Guys,

Please see the NMEG thread. We will be at Rutland Water on Sunday the 24th Feb and hope you lot can make it........

Personally, I blame Howard. :blush:

Graham.

Guys this is the same weekend as the London International Classic Car Show '08 at which LEF will be exhibiting. Seems daft to have to big dates clashing like this :lol:

Martyn :animier:

Guys this is the same weekend as the London International Classic Car Show '08 at which LEF will be exhibiting. Seems daft to have to big dates clashing like this :D

Martyn :P

I agree, cancel the car show

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Really sorry guys but I won't be able to make this as we're supporting a friend's charity Ball in London on the Saturday and have decided to make a long weekend of it. Real shame as I'd been really looking forward to our combined jaunt :D

Simon,

If I get the Caterham (S3 non-turbo) running for 24th Feb. would you like a trip out in that ?

Looks likely that I will sell the Esprit to purchase the Discovery :D :crybaby:

This will be the second time I've been a 12 month owner .. and probably done less miles in this one than the last one despite the fact it is a better car.

To be perfectly honest I was probably a little rash to buy it in the first place .. it was retail therapy and looking on it with a sound mind I'm going to compromise my sprinting and track activities with the 7 if I plough money into the Esprit to rebuild it .. as was part of my intentions.

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

Simon,

If I get the Caterham (S3 non-turbo) running for 24th Feb. would you like a trip out in that ?

Does it have a heater :lol:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Indeed it does, but it only gets used to aid cooling the engine on a hot day in traffic :lol:

Keep off the straight and narrow

Wimp!

Wimp! I will have you know last trip out to Cambridge it was P!55ing down Freezing cold and my aircon was stuck on! I think that makes me double hard actually!! :)

Thanks for the offer Nifty, i might just take you up on it (just gonna see if there is an offer from something a little more comfortable first :welcome: )

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys I'm dipping out of this one, after the Cambridge run had my hear rate at around 100 for a lot of the journey due to the handling I'm going to have to get the body off the chassis and look at structural things.

Andy