Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GT3 rear tyres - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GT3 rear tyres

Ok, so maybe not hot; but can anyone recommend a good set of rear tyres for my GT3. I thought it would be wise to go with a more softer compound and being as they only do 3-5k a year it wouldn't matter replacing them after 2 years and it may give a better/softer ride on the back, and also better grip in the wet. I have done some digging and demon tweeks do TOYO R88 but would have to have 255/40.17 or Proxes R1R 245/45.17 or SWLC do a Proxes T1 range. Any ideas as I may swap the front also if it gives a better/softer ride.

I had thought a buying a genuine set of original fitted Eagles from SWLC but figure tyres must have come on in 10 years!! Hope someone has some suggestions!!!!! Thanks.

Simon.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirelli p zero corsa (semi track tyres)

or michelin pilot fast track

for the normal road type of tyres i think the goodyear eagle F1 is the softest

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Hi Simon,

check out this GT3 tyre thread if you already havent seen it.

Alex

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...l=pirelli+pzero.

Bottom line is each to their own. In my view those that say say I nearly lost it because of my tyre grip may be missing the fact that there were driving too fast for the conditions.

I'm just getting a set of Eagles back on my GT3 - best so far by a long way, but I haven't tried the Toyo Proxes (which are fantastic on the BMW 635).

Previously -

Continentals - Dire in the extreme, very hard compound and no wet weather grip at all. I changed them well before they wore out, although in fairness, they could probably do 20,000 miles, they were that hard!

Michelin - pilot sports - not too bad, medium grip, medium wear but I find they tramline when the fronts get about 1/2 worn. Having said that I've had 2 sets so far.

Goodyear Eagles - ultra sticky, also very fast wearing - I think I killed a set of rears in about 5-6000 miles, although that was with "spirited" driving, exclusively on twisty roads down here in sunny Cornwall.

Tim B

I got Toyo R888s on the front of mine, but never really got to drive on them before I swapped wheels. They are really sticky, but they are classed as a summer tyre, so probably not what you'd want in the wet where the tread pattern is more important than the compound. My advice would be to avoid them if you're after an all weather tyre. I'm currently running P9000s all round, and I'm fairly happy with them. They're great in the dry, but in the wet I still have to be really careful - I've had the rears spin up in third on a greasy road.

More speed, less haste

I have nexen n3000 on mine they were on the wheels when i bought them. I'd never heard of em, but did a search and the yanks rave on about them. plus there cheap. seem pretty good

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hi, just to let you all know we do all the range of Toyo tyres and I am in the middle of updating the website as it is getting on a bit. I was talking to the Toyo rep last week and the Toyo R1R is supposed to be amazing in the wet and just as grippy in the dry as the R888 which is a very good tyre. The R1R have not been relased yet but I should have a set to try for myself in about 1 month he said as they are being shipped over from Japan as we speak. I will let everyone know how I get on with them when they turn up.

Kind Regards

James

SOUTH WEST LOTUS CENTRE