Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Off Roading - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Off Roading

Here's how to try offroading - look at Landrover website, fill in the forms for say a new Disco, freelander etc, & with a bit of luck you will get a free 1/2 day off roading experience at one of LR's sites. Get a nice lunch too. Awesome, you'll never believe what a proper 4x4 can do, you drive, with an expert instructor. I've been on a couple, mind you, my 'other' car (s) are Landrovers ...

ps rarely take offroad - too darned expensive to get scratched / bounce off trees etc. Good at towing stuff though.

pps Best offroad stuff was on hols in Cyprus in a hire Suzuki GV drop top thing, hot, sunny, fantastic rough tracks in the national parks (some really really tricky round the Paphos / Polis areas) & of course someone else's car ..

Edited by tonyp

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do a lot of off roading Here is a couple of pictures of my Suzuki SJ410 that I built with my own hands.

well I say Suzuki SJ410 But only the body was Suzuki as under it was a shortened Range Rover chassis with up rated springs and dampers and powering it was Modified 3.5 Rover V8 EFI (200BHP aprox) huge big mud tyres and on the front a nice big winch just in case I got stuck ( very rare it did ) or more commonly used for pulling stuck Land Rovers out.

But I had give it up as it was off roading or the Esprit as the off roading was costing to much ( The Suzuki only did 10 MPG on the road and aprox 4 MPG off road ) the Esprit won.

Edited by oneshot
Moved pictures to on top instead of at the side to prevent sideways scrolling
logo_01-2.jpg

Done a bit myself too. got better photos but these are not digital.

I used to use mine for work, I am a civil engineer and also a land surveyor too so would be off road all the time. I got stuck in more than one boggy hole and had to get dragged out. But thats what these machines are for!

post-3849-1200774383.jpg

post-3849-1200774401.jpg

post-3849-1200774484.jpg

Love off-roading, when ever I get a chance to at the company, I take a jeep or a truck out on to the trail-area.

We actually rebuild and reconfigure old military equipment...

http://home.mobile.de/home/showDetails.htm...hicleType=false

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Wow Ian, that's an impressive piece of machinery! Looks a lot like a Unimog...?

One of my sisters is really into the 4x4 scene and her friends all have rock crawlers out in the country. They've got massive tires and exterior rollcages, really tough things.

My experience however is similar to Talon's- sent a car into a giant hedge. I've since learned to countersteer. :D

PINZI 6x6, ex Swiss Army....

Pinzgauers were always killer in off-road. So was the Unimog 404S ! Marvellous machine.

Wow Ian, that's an impressive piece of machinery! Looks a lot like a Unimog...?

One of my sisters is really into the 4x4 scene and her friends all have rock crawlers out in the country. They've got massive tires and exterior rollcages, really tough things.

My experience however is similar to Talon's- sent a car into a giant hedge. I've since learned to countersteer. :devil:

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg