Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rear Hatch Release - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear Hatch Release

Ever since I had this car, last November, the rear hatch never opened properly. When I removed the boy racer rear wing, I fund it did have a purpose, it was the handle to lift the hatch!

Having read some nasty stories, including hole saws, I was extremely dubious, both about its state and the consequences of error in adjusting it.

I devised a fool proof method. I adjusted it as close as I could by eye, everything appeared to be centred, I then armed myself with a pair of pliers, (just in case) and had a friend shut me in the boot! After the customary, "where did you say the release was?" and "Is that your phone, I'll just go and answer it for you". The release was pulled and up popped the hatch, on its struts, just like it should.

The only draw back with this method, is if you are much more than 5'4" and 60 kilos, it doesn't work!

Roger :whistle:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:whistle: Roger your a game man for doing that!! I found even though the rear hatch is well centred, all it took sometimes was to park on uneven surface just to twist the body ever so slightly and this would cause one corner to stick. So I always kept the male female connecting parts well greased and sorted. Sounds kinda kinky dosent it!! :laughing:
350.gifNo.23

Quick question on the rear hatch.....

On a GT3 ... spoiler on the body not on the hatch, should the hatch swing up when its released or just pop up an inch or two?

my one just comes clear of the body , enough to get your hand in.

When the hatch is up the struts seem to be a bit weak... can they be wound up or do they need to be replaced?

Quick question on the rear hatch.....

On a GT3 ... spoiler on the body not on the hatch, should the hatch swing up when its released or just pop up an inch or two?

When the hatch is up the struts seem to be a bit weak... can they be wound up or do they need to be replaced?

Mine springs up all the way if the catches release the latches smoothly . I might need a bit of grease to help it release. If its not that then maybe your struts are "tired". When the spoiler was on it stayed down.

Alex

PS: dont muck about with moving the deck if you are a mechanical muppet like me! LOL

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Depends on how good the hinges are friction wise.

Try spraying a bad of WD40 on them and wipe a rag over the strut rods to ensure they are slightly lubed.

Failing that wait until the summer - remember gas doesn't like expanding when it's cold.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 4 years later...

HELP!!! someone give me the link to how to get the tailgate/bootlid /hatchback/ open on my S4. Ive seen a note on it somewhere. One latch of the boot lid is stuck. Good news is that the floor of the boot is out right now, so can i get underneath to release the dodgy catch?

You mean this?

http://www.lotusespr...HatchCable.html

Since your boot floor is out, you should be able to reach up and put vise grips on the latch to squeeze it together and release the hatch pins.

Also see this

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/46085-tailgate-release-snapped-help-please/page__st__20__p__378963__hl__+hatch%20+cable#entry378963

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE