Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
March AEG Meeting - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

March AEG Meeting

OwenGT3

Hi Guys

The Bird in Hand has been booked for Tuesday 4th March 2008. Table for seven eating at 7.30 so arrival for 7pm please. I have asked for a quiet corner of the restaurant so that Nick can give his presentation.

We were also promised a talk by Brian Angus so if antone is speeking to him soon maybe we could give him a gentle reminder. It would be great to hear from both of these Lotus heavyweights!

Anychance of Kimbers having a word with your dad? It would be great to hear from the Mighty Mike too! These would be just 3 good reasons why the AEG is so special! :)

See you all next tuesday! (i refrain from using the playground version)

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd suggest that as Nick is there this time, we open an invitation to a paid meal for other guests in future events, Brian MJK etc, well worth the pennies, even if it's just for the anecdotes. but to have all there at the same time would reduce the impact of each.

BTW, chatting to one of the guys at work who does a lot of recreational driving, he mentioned a nice little journey that might appeal to all locals, for a weekend run when it's a few degrees warmer.

Towards Ipswich, along the A14 past the A12, to the port, but into a nice little marina, loads of parking, good food etc and a a few "nice" roads as well as a fair bit of open "A" road driving, easily accessed for Essex, Norfolk and Cambridge areas alike, meeting up at a couple of points along the way. We might even get more people that the Cromer fish & chips run.

Andy

Andy,

Sorry just deleted one or two out.

You can always E-mail me at this address :sofa:

Keep off the straight and narrow

No Food required cheers, will pop down a bit later on as I have a vehicle delivery at 6.00 to Newmarket. Should be there about 8.30-9.00.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi All, Any chance of sqeezing another in at the table for food also :getmecoat: ? Sorry about the late notice but I thought I was working tonight and its turned out that I am not :rolleyes:

Regards

Graeme K.

I'm going to come along too if that's ok with everyone. Sorry about the late notice but I didn't want to promise anything in case I caught up at work again. I driving straight from work so should be there for 7.00pm.

Brendan

PS Any chance of getting some food?

...and yet ANOTHER latecomer - just returned from a long weekend away (sadly without #5). I can't be going to just the Cambridge dinners now can I?

Can you squeeze in Tobi/husband (Sell)/baby with food as well? I'll assume yes and come anyway, and if no then there's always the drive-thru on the way home. No Lotus this time as we're all going to come in one car.

post-4142-1204646158.jpg

Superb, a last minute rush! :getmecoat:

James - food required

Owen - ditto

Andy - ditto

Simonf - ditto

Nifty - ditto

Nick - ditto

Graeme - ditto

Brendan - ditto

Tobi & hubby - ditto

Kimbers - no food

Full pub details for those who've not been before -

Bird In Hand,

Church Road,

Wreningham,

Norfolk

NR16 1BH

Tel: 01508 489438

Meet at 19:00, table booked for 19:30

Edit - have just rung the BIH and our booking now inc. to 10 :rolleyes:

Just leaving for Newmarket. See yous al later.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Brendan and Tobi coming from Cambridge! Us Norfolk lot were beginning to think there was a oneway forcefield around your county :harhar:

Tobi your car looks stunning - Have you posted pictures into LEF Owners/Garage yet? I posted my car in today and i think they look pretty good!

Anyway well done guys! see you tonight!

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Agreed. Despite being late, Nicks talk was very interesting and I got to hear alot of stuff that I didn't know. Always a pleasure to listen to the staff who were there during the history of Lotus, especially one as involved and interesting as Nick.

Another excellent meet.

Big thanks to Nick Fulcher who gave us a very interesting talk and to see the early interior shots of the esprit with radio at the rear of the transmission tunnel was just amazing. Thanks too for bringing the F1 items along for us to handle. People like him have an invaluable history of Lotus and should have their stories and experience documented.

Thanks everyone.

Brendan

I echo every body elses sentiments! Thoroughly interesting, loved holding Mario's Andretti's steering wheel and trying on Mika Hakkanens racing helmet! Things that you don't normally get to do an a tuesday night!

Thanks Nick - you can most definately come again!!!!

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all for the first time, I had a really good evening. I thought the talk from Nick was very intersting, thanks Nick. Hope to see some of you perhaps this weekend at Snetterton.

Regards

Graeme

Edited by gumin

The DeLorean stories were good too.

Great evening out.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Here here.

Great to hear the recollections of Nick, and to see Graeme as a new member and members from further afield.

Andy

ps I had 2.5 hours sleep before setting out the next day- very tired. Do I think I should have skipped it and had a good night? NO WAY.

Andy