Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
absolutley f***ing fuming! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

absolutley f***ing fuming!

bigsi

went to see punky today, nice to get out of house to be honest as i havent been to good lately, had a nice chat and a cuppa, went to leave to come home and found that some cnut has reversed into the front of my car!!!!! by the time i got home the rest of the damaged bumper had come off leaving bloody great holes and craks in it. so tomorrow i have to try and take it off and see what the damage is. so i may need a replacement bumpre. i wouldnt mind but not long agao i took it off and repainted the bloody thing , and that took me ages to do.

i got home with a face like thunder and kelly had to calm me down, gutless barstewerds didnt have the decency to leve a note or anything.

will add piccies tomorrow when i get the thing off, its just the bumper and no body work damage so no worries there, so if anyoines got a front bumpoer going spoare let me know what you want for it please.

simon

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Know how you feel mate (although not Esprit) 12 months ago bought my wife a Honda Accord Estate, 3 years old, silver and spotless. A year on we have a scrape/dent on the passenger offside door and bloody great scrape on the front bumper. Both of these have happened when we have been away from the car in car parks. Makes you feel more than just a bit pi55ed off.

Left my name under sombodys windscreen wiper only last month after I witnessed a 'school mum' in the 4X4 scrape the whole side of an old Fiat Panda then drive off. Sad thing is, I got the impression she never even knew she'ed done it! - still no excuse for crap driving though

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

my impreza,bought brand new, 3 years old, only 18K miles, is covered in pipples and dents and its never left in any car park other than a private one I store it in!!!

Does my head in, you do your best and just get shafted, It's never even been machine washed GGGRRRRRRR

and Relax!!!!!!!!!!!

thats wank, i had some tosser hit my sunbeam alpine several years back then just f*ck off a week after i had it leaded and sprayed new chrome bumber wrecked bonnet and front end. cant stand tossers like that. if they had damaged it at least make appologies and get the insurance sorted. i hit a bmw in a car park waited for the owner and paid cash to have it sorted. good luck finding a bumper

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I just picked up my new Accord Saloon Sport GT and some barstweard has keyed it all down one side! Thats twice now!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Simon,

Sorry to hear about your car mate :) Seems to be common practice these days that w..kers just bump your car and drive off

rather than leave details,

Hope you get it sorted regards danny

A

• Gold FFM

Troy says ring Mike at Lotus Bits (in sunny but cold Devon at the mo)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hello Si,

How annoying.

If Lotusbits can't help you out then I bought a spare bumper from ebay a short while back. It was from an HC version of our cars and is currently blue. Not in fabulous condition but in one piece with no cracks, although is does look like the guy used it as a parking aid against a wall a fair few times. I did intend to replace my stress cracked bumper for this one but that was before the mechanical meltdown, bodywork seems fairly low priority at the moment so you can have this for whatever I paid for it.

Ambrose

many thanks to mr bibs for providing a solution, i just have to get the ok from kelly, so i guess a bit of doing jobs fgor here is in order. i will have a go at fixing the other one myself, nice to learn fibreglass work

well i took the bumper off today and it basically fell apart, the rear wood backing mount has come away from it and will need to be re-glassed on, and as the loose stuff was removed it just got worse and worse. so its basically not worth repairing. so i guess a replacement is in order.

ambrose that hc bumper has different fixings to mine, on the ears and the centre section is also different, so i guess i will leave that one for no, many thakns for the offer though.

simobn

i actually ermm.... gopt o bored today i got some fibre repair stuff and some bondo, and a few other things and had a good practie on the bumper anyway, well its not finished by anymeans but i havent done a bad job i think, however i will still be buying a new bumper come monday. thi one can be a pare or a little leson in fibreglas spot repairs. i will paint it up etc after just to see if it looks ok, i have taken a few pic i will pout them up tomorrow

well heres all the pics of what i have been doing to the bumper, i dont know if the mods now want to move this to the gcar room or retoration section??

sorry i thought i had pics of the damage but it seems i didnt take them, but it was intensive, heres the bumper all glassed up, pre primed, filled, sealed, and high build primed andwet sanded.

DSCN5988.jpg

DSCN5993.jpg

the damage was quite bad!!

heres the next load of high build on ready for wet sanding

DSCN5994.jpg

DSCN5996.jpg

and a few coats of profesional tetroyl paint later and itlook ok, but will it all crack when i fit it to the car??/ thats the question

DSCN6007.jpg

DSCN6009.jpg

this is my first go at spot fibreglass repairs and it was quite enjoyable, something im going to do more of i think!

anyway if this doesnt work at least i treid something new and bibs ha a solution for me anyway :thumbup:

• Gold FFM

Looks like you've done a good job Si. Post another pic or two when refitted.

"this is my first go at spot fibreglass repairs and it was quite enjoyable, something im going to do more of i think"

I could probably find a couple of things for you to play with. :thumbup: Err....I mean....um,

this kind of thing

P2102209.jpg

P2102211.jpg