Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Looking for a New Daily Driver-Not sure what to get - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Looking for a New Daily Driver-Not sure what to get

I highly recomend one of these

Renewable power sourse

Enviromentaly freindly

Low maintenance

Starts every time

Economical

Breeze to park

No registration fees

Leaks a bit in the rain, and limited passenger space, lugage space

Bike.jpg

OK, I know, what sort of idiot would have a Lotus as his only car, the bike is particularly useless for getting parts any bigger than a spark plug! Seriously BMW, easiest car to service I have ever worked on.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have advantages as my mate is a LR mechanic!!!! Driven disco 2's quite a bit in the past and never had any probs.

Lookin at a 2000 model with 30k on it ES 5000 gbp in silver

• 3 weeks later...

I have driven some great cars in the past few weeks! I have narrowed it down to 2 cars. I honestly can say that it will not matter which one I get as I really like both equal.

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

2004 BMW 330Ci

How about an old Jaguar? Maybe an XJ-S? lol! :whistle:

If I want a zero-hassle car that won't nickle and dime me, I'd get any kind of a Honda or Subaru. My wife's Civic has been outstanding and worry-free, and I am continually amazed at the durability and longevity of the subarus a few of my friends have.

(That's not my personal choice, though; my "daily" other than the company car is a 944, but being 23 years old, it does need the occasional item. If I needed something bigger, I'd buy a W124 Mercedes-Benz.)

Easy now, I run an XJS 12 as a daily. Gets 14mpg, leaks all the fluids, even with new gaskets, and parts are cheaper than lambo if they are still being made. So there, now you understand. <_< I also have a truck to back up the jag and lotus.

Cheers

Clay

Only car I can recommend is an Acura RSX Type-S!

really any of them from '02-'06 are great cars. Sporty, and with a hatchback you can carry snowboards, mountain bikes (I carry 2 +2 people and gear in mine)

I also get between 32-43mpg with the 6speed.

My roommate liked mine so much he bought one too (mine is '02 Type-S, his is '05 Type-S), oh and my friend also like mine so much, he also bought an '02 Type-S.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

BMW 1 Series M sport..... Not the most beautiful of cars but distinctive, Fun rear wheel drive for a smallish car, you get all the comfort and sophistication, it goes like stink and you get a killer mpg. 47mpg overall at and that includes some pretty heavy driving at times!

Well - Lotus Elise is my daily driver - 131k miles so far and utterly reliabe! B)

Prolly not a practical solution for youI guess...

I'll get my jacket.... :thumbup:

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

If I did not need a back seat then a Elise would be an option! I need some kind of storage though...I have driven about 5 of both the BMW and Infiniti...both are great, fun and quick..most importantly they are reliable.

Jason

Cheers Jason - always had Alfa's, Fiat's and Lancia's as my daily drives..........the 159 is another Giugiaro design and its got a Turbo!!! :thumbup:

Edited by nello