Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bar-B-Q at Tobi's! - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bar-B-Q at Tobi's!

Guest SidewaysSi

Tobi, there seems to be a clash with dates on your Bar-B-Q. Now there is no way that any of us are going to miss your Bar-B-Q but we are wondering what time you are thinking about starting it. We are guesssing either lunch time or tea time? If it were the latter we could possibly do both, but please be assured that your do take priority!!!!

Best wishes

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy and I would still like to attend, but we can only do an evening BBQ as we have a wedding that day, but we are only at the wedding until 4pm. Allowing for getting home and changing then travelling to Cambridge I can't see us being there no earlier than 6pm.

Owen

• 4 weeks later...
Okay then, after some discussion last night please put 12 July down on your calendars if you'd care to join us. The hotel/pub/restaurant in town is called (if you can believe it) The Golden Ball - easily within stumbling distance.

http://www.goldenballhotel.co.uk/

As long as the numbers don't get out of hand, you're also welcome to any free couch/futon/floor space we've got available.

Simonf Food and accommodation required

Andy C Food required

Nifty Food required

Bibs Food and accommodation required

Kimbers Lots of food required

I may take you up on offers of bringing food and/or beer, but I'll worry about that as the time grows nearer.

OK, time is getting near... it's next weekend.

We need to either go ahead or make other arrangements, and if it's to go ahead, make arrangements for food etc (guys, my suggestion is we pay for the food/ beer as Tobi & Sell would be providing the location, but we support a local butcher).

Andy

Andy, i am a little concerned about this event, Tobi hasn't been on the forum for a while. and i have sent a few PM's about this and joining the AEG and i haven't received a responce and she hasn't posted on this thread for some time. Please watch this space for more details, but if she hasn't been in contact by Wednesday i suggest that we call off.

No point decending on her just to find out there is a problem, Sell might be away with work or something, it could be awkward!

So if i don't see you Saturday, i will see you Sunday!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

If it does go ahead it is highly unlikely that I will make it because I'm involved with a do at Kenninghall.

Keep off the straight and narrow

I'm alive, and the BBQ is on.

Many apologies for being out of the loop for so long. Since the last dinner at Fen Ditton, Calypso and I have been to Alaska, Germany, and then Hawaii with Sell, then I went to Guam for a week by myself. Madness! I fixed the date for the BBQ then went off into my own world for awhile. To top it off I typed a long addition to this forum only to lose it when the Mac power supply decided to be quirky. Hopefully a few of you can still make it; here's the last list I've got:

Simonf Food and accommodation required

Andy C Food required

Nifty Food required

Bibs Food and accommodation required

Kimbers Lots of food required

James - lots of beer/food please (maybe accomodation too?)

Tracy & Owen - Food required

Minus Owen I think as he's got a wedding. I've got lots of beer and other things I need you all to help us get through, and I'll be marinating a wide variety of meat later this week to get ready. (Hopefully we'll have better weather than today... blech... watching the British GP...).

Hi,

Sorry Tracy and I can't make it, would have loved to come, but I just don't think we will get away from the wedding earlier enough to make it for a reasonable time. Are you coming to Sundays hoon Tobi, you could meet us at Scole if you don't want to come all the way to Norwich?

Owen.

I'm a touch and go as well due to my involvement in our fun day.

Due to the conflicts and my absence from the forum while away, shall we reschedule the date then? I'm happy to throw some alternates out there. Sounds like most people have something else going on over the weekend and a different date might be preferred?

That would suit me Tobi.

I'm a touch and go as well due to my involvement in our fun day.

Does that carry a 5 year stint in prison?

Due to the conflicts and my absence from the forum while away, shall we reschedule the date then? I'm happy to throw some alternates out there. Sounds like most people have something else going on over the weekend and a different date might be preferred?

I'm trying to not say "I'm easy on that" because I know the reaction (so now that I've pointed it out it's silly for anybody to make jokes on it).

BAD NEWS <_< I have been called into work on saturday :rant: If you could reschedule i would appreciate it, because i don't want to miss a good do, but if the bar-b-q goes ahead, have fun guys and don't drink too much!

I will however still be on for Sunday, so i hope to see you all then - tobi are you coming on the hoon?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Tobi, rescheduling would be good for me too. I'm helping out at our local beer festival on Friday evening (can get a bit messy!) and then shooting down to Surrey first thing Saturday morning to help out with the organisation of a rolling road session. After that back to Manningtree for day two of the beer festival, after which I probably won't be in a fit state to drive anywhere.

LOL <_<

Guess what? My wifes doing a 12 hour shift on that day so rescheduling will work very well for me too!

Please avoid Aug 9th to 24th as I'm on holiday.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

This thread has gone the way so many other AEG threads have gone before it! Starts full of promise and expectation....then dwindles into nothing <_<

Lets make another date now, book the time off and make sure that we all attend!

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

No worries everyone - chalk this one up to my being (very) out of the loop while traveling for work. I'll drink my beer of shame at our next meeting. Let me put together a new list of dates. Not too many LMS races left in the season which will help. What are the general dates for school holidays here so I know what window to avoid?

Err, what, you talking to me?

I have only just found out that it is off, give me a chance old boy!!!

Tobi, please give us the date that you are available and we will work around those dates. At the risk of offending, one we have set a date guys, we are sticking to it, we only move dates once in the AEG! You know what we are all like and if we keep moving the dates then we are never going to get anywhere! and its not fair on Tobi - tobi i hope you didn't buy lots of food for this bar-b-q that has been cancelled? If you have and you are left with burgers coming out of your ears let me know! Ps i can do any other weekend.

Andy

There the event has been removed from the calendar - you didn't think i could do it did you!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Not what his Mrs says.................. :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Not what his Mrs says.................. :)

YOU CHEEKY FLOCKER! :P

Button? button? she has a button? why didn't anyone tell me she had a button?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• 2 months later...

Rescheduled for the 20th - really, we're having a do on the 20th to celebrate Calypso's first birthday. More of an excuse to have an adult birthday party, really. Perhaps I can redeem myself for my absence of late, eh? Anyway, the same things apply as before - you are welcome to crash (provided the entire LEW-F doesn't decide to come...) or stay down the road, etc., etc. I'll be reserving the front drive for Esprits should any of you come. We're going to have a pig roast, bought the beer and wine today. It's actually going to be something of a luau - a Hawaiian tradition when your child turns one - so wear those Hawaiian shirts.