Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buying advise, anyone know this car? - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Buying advise, anyone know this car?

Guest surferphil

Guest surferphil

I have been looking for an S1 Esprit for about a year. I missed a few project cars by sealed bids and sold to friends of the seller.

Having met Bibs at Hethel and Donington his warm advise was to post on the forum when I find an Esprit.

I have seen this S1 on ebay and would like to know if anyone here knows the car, or can give me good advise about buying early Esprits.

I guess the wrong engine is in the car as it's a 2.2, I think that 'Desil' is a mistake. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lotus-Esprit-S1-Whit...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Phil

(LEC M100 owner)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phone up Steve at Sj sportscars.

:D

He put the 2.2 engine in so will remember the car. His opinion of it will be worth

a whole threadload of guesses based just on the ad info. As the seller has put SJ

in the listing, it's there for you to find out from someone that got down and greasy

with the car.

:lol:

Ask and ye get Phil. I remembered that post as well but couldn't find it. Well done James (nice to have you back)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

is this the same S1 thats been on LEW4SALE list for about a year?

sry just read the clicky....looks pretty good - but then we get into the whats an S1 worth question...again.....

Edited by GasketsGone

Cheers - jim

Guest surferphil

Thanks yall, I remember the car being up for sale on Esprits4sale but got no reply at the time. I was a little late in seeing the Ad though.

I'll call SJs but this is exactly what I am looking for and hopefully get some positive advise form SJs.

Cheers,

Phil

I've seen this car for sale a few times - it's on various places with a price tag of

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Your right about the interior Paul.

One of the previous times this came up for sale there were better shots of the interior and the centre panels of the seats are just a single run of fabric rather than the ribbed design it should have.

No doubt its because putting the ribs in place and keeping the fabric in a check pattern is very hard to do.

Nick could certainly do an original spec re-trim on the car and it would look stunning :lol:

Could be right about the original interior

Phil

Check this thread... http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=16249

Somebody on there has been to see the car in the flesh so to speak.

My advice, for what it's worth, is to wait for the right car and don't jump in with rose tinted spectacles on, only to regret it further down the line. I spent 2 years looking for a white S1 that needed restoring. I dragged it off a guy's driveway in Bristol where it had sat motionless for years. It needs everything doing to it but that's exactly what I wanted - cos I'm strange!!

Paul.

Edited by Paul Coleman

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire