Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aircon refill ,where is the refill valve located - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aircon refill ,where is the refill valve located

Guys,

This has probably been asked before but i have done a search and cat find it on the site.

My AC is not running cold so needs a refill i think.

1.Where is the refill valve located ?

2. What coolant does it take ?

Thanks all in advance

rgds

Adrian

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be on the compressor, gas should be R134, but I can't speak for the legislation in your country.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

R12 > March 1995

R12 banned/no longer available in most countries. So you'll need one of the drop-in R12 replacements e.g. R413A. Here's an excellent how to guide - click here.

Alternatively, you could have the system converted to use the same gas used in post March 1995 Esprits - the confusingly named R134A.

I just did a recharge on my S4. It took 3 cans of Freeze 12 to fill it up but the air blows cold again!

Here is a great guide on how to do the recharge:

http://www.cytherean.co.uk/esprit/index_files/air_con2.htm

I actually bought the freeze 12 (safe r12 substitute) on ebay for 30 USD.

Good luck!

Hello guys!

I have the similar problem. One of the refill valves is missing.

I know there is 2 valves (refer to parts list 18.01A) one valve is on the compressor to condenser hose and the other valve should be on the evaporator to compressor hose but that is the missing valve that I have?

There is no way I can refill the system because I have only one refill valve on the pressurised side of the system.

Any comments guys?

Jukka

Jukka Angerpuro

I think I saw it next to the oil cooling lines from the underside of the car near the compressor

must remove the engine undertray

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

• Gold FFM

both valves should be on the back of the compressor - no? on each side of the pump (for high and low compression access).

at least that is the way it works on my 89 SE.

Edited by Quikr

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Yust phone me

i have an adress where you can still get it filled with R 12

costs about

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

As you see my compressor are missing those service valves.

Now I know that this is Pressure Relief Valve and it's nothing to do with service valves :rolleyes:

Edited by juki75

Jukka Angerpuro

Inspired by the coming summer, I thought I'd top up my AC. It sort of worked a couple of years ago, but didn't blow very cold. I find I have the same problem as some of the other writers. No maintenance valves on the back of the compressor where they should be according to the link. Looking in my manual, I found that they were moved on some fuel injected cars to below the car, in-line in the high and low pressure tubes coming from the compressor and heading towards the front of the car. "To allow easier access". This afternoon, I looked under there and indeed there is ONE-annoyingly on the high pressure side. Maybe the low pressure side one is somewhere else, didn't have time to do an exhaustive search. If I can't find it, I think it means the system has to be pumped out and completely refilled. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers,

Trevor

yep

mine ('90 SE turbo) had to be pumped out completely first

the good thing is that they can do a vacuum test and add some oil.

and refill it completely.

takes about 1/2 an hour

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

• 2 weeks later...